Identification Longshot/Talking Point 639

Brumas 23:23 PM 30 Mar 12
Answered

Good Evening All.

Before I turn in I shall leave a GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD for the night shift. Ok, so we know they are some type of nurses but does anyone know specifically what organisation they belong to? The reverse, as always, is a bog standard divided back, unposted and with no clues!

click here

Brumas 23:24 PM 30 Mar 12

I'm really turning in now folks,G'Night All.

birdface 23:27 PM 30 Mar 12

Will leave that one to the night shift.And the day shift.g/night Brumas.

Macscouse 00:06 AM 31 Mar 12

The Maltese Cross on their aprons, does that signify the St Johns Ambulance service?

Chegs ®™ 01:39 AM 31 Mar 12

US Public Health Service Cadet

Seems the beret they're wearing is the same,but cannot find anything about the maltese crosses on their uniforms.

Aitchbee 09:09 AM 31 Mar 12

Edna Birch, a character in TV's Emmerdale, might know the answer as she permanently wears a similar type of headgear:-

http://www.itv.com/emmerdale/characters/edna-birch/

... and how did Benny Hill (the big nurse at the back) manage to get in on the act!

morddwyd 09:13 AM 31 Mar 12

Like Macscouse, my first thought was St John's.

Brumas 09:21 AM 31 Mar 12

Macscouse I was thinking along those lines but all the old images I could find were of the male staff - I couldn't seem to find any of the nurses!

Quickbeam 09:58 AM 31 Mar 12

Those old nurses uniforms look quite prudish, but compared to the previous uniform, they're positively quite sexy:)

Aitchbee 10:04 AM 31 Mar 12

...I don't know, QB, I think the olde nurses looked rather fetching.

john bunyan 10:26 AM 31 Mar 12

The key seems to be the hats / caps. QARANC and QARNNS seen to have white ones but maybe a special bonnet was worn for some occasions.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…