Answered

Good Evening All.

Strange looking old place, not unlike an old water tower. click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16 Dec 11

Folkstone?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16 Dec 11

Must learn to spell FOLKESTONE

Brumas 16 Dec 11

An early clue,it was described in Daniel and Samuel Lyson's " ENVIRONS OF LONDON BEING AN HISTORICAL ACCOUNT OF TOWNS, VILLAGES, AND HAMLETS, Within Twelve Miles of that Capital.

iambeavis 16 Dec 11

Funnily enough, that book was on my "to read next" list. ;o)

iambeavis 16 Dec 11

Well, I found the book online, but no pictures.

buteman 16 Dec 11

Yes but was it volume 1.2,3,or 4

This might help.it may be one of the dots on this map.

http://www.londonancestor.com/maps/map-leigh.htm

iambeavis 16 Dec 11

buteman - You start at top left - I'll start at bottom right and we should meet in the middle.

iambeavis 16 Dec 11

The text of the book; I warn you, it's pretty dull stuff enter link description here

buteman 16 Dec 11

iambeavis

Nice one.You work your way through that tonight and I will have a look in the morning to see if you found out where it is.

Brumas 16 Dec 11

As I think this no longer exists, not living in the area I am obviously only guessing, I shall give a clue which will probably take a few minutes to sift through.

click here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message