Identification Longshot/Talking Point 580

Brumas 16 Dec 11
Answered

Good Evening All.

This one for me is a real trip down memory lane, so those who can remember where I hail from will have a clue but they will have to find this actual location.

When I could afford it me and my pals used to go swimming here for tuppence, when we were a little older and had slightly more brass we splashed out (very punny) and went in the ninepennies where, at least the water was cleaner but not so warm ;o} We used to stay in as long as we could and always came out with the skin of our hands and feet all pink and puckered - happy days indeed.

click here

iambeavis 16 Dec 11

In Yorkshire?

iambeavis 16 Dec 11

Harrogate?

Brumas 16 Dec 11

iambeavis, Affirmative ;o}

Brumas 16 Dec 11

iambeavis, affirmative for Yorkshire, not Harrogate.

Bingalau 16 Dec 11

I think Brumas once mentioned to me where he hailed from. But with my memory being somewhat scatty, I can't bring it to the surface. Ah well I will have to have a guess I suppose. Appleby?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16 Dec 11

Brighouse? built 1913 that would be about right for Brumas :0)

Brumas 16 Dec 11

*Fruit Bat /\0/*, I'll get you for that ;o}

Brumas 16 Dec 11

Bingalau since when was Appleby in Yorkshire???

Bingalau 16 Dec 11

Brumas. You wouldn't believe that I had a GCE in Geography would you? Where the hell is it then? It's oop north innit?

Brumas 16 Dec 11

Bingalau I still refer to it by it's old name, Appleby-in-Westmoreland, sadly it is now just plain Appleby and is now in Cumbria.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message