Identification Longshot/Talking Point 580

Brumas 20:59 PM 16 Dec 11
Answered

Good Evening All.

This one for me is a real trip down memory lane, so those who can remember where I hail from will have a clue but they will have to find this actual location.

When I could afford it me and my pals used to go swimming here for tuppence, when we were a little older and had slightly more brass we splashed out (very punny) and went in the ninepennies where, at least the water was cleaner but not so warm ;o} We used to stay in as long as we could and always came out with the skin of our hands and feet all pink and puckered - happy days indeed.

click here

iambeavis 21:01 PM 16 Dec 11

In Yorkshire?

iambeavis 21:08 PM 16 Dec 11

Harrogate?

Brumas 21:08 PM 16 Dec 11

iambeavis, Affirmative ;o}

Brumas 21:09 PM 16 Dec 11

iambeavis, affirmative for Yorkshire, not Harrogate.

Bingalau 21:14 PM 16 Dec 11

I think Brumas once mentioned to me where he hailed from. But with my memory being somewhat scatty, I can't bring it to the surface. Ah well I will have to have a guess I suppose. Appleby?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:15 PM 16 Dec 11

Brighouse? built 1913 that would be about right for Brumas :0)

Brumas 21:21 PM 16 Dec 11

*Fruit Bat /\0/*, I'll get you for that ;o}

Brumas 21:23 PM 16 Dec 11

Bingalau since when was Appleby in Yorkshire???

Bingalau 21:25 PM 16 Dec 11

Brumas. You wouldn't believe that I had a GCE in Geography would you? Where the hell is it then? It's oop north innit?

Brumas 21:33 PM 16 Dec 11

Bingalau I still refer to it by it's old name, Appleby-in-Westmoreland, sadly it is now just plain Appleby and is now in Cumbria.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone