Identification Longshot/Talking Point 549

Brumas 23:54 PM 28 Oct 11

Good Evening All

One for the night shift before I turn in, my brain hurts ;o}

This is really A GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD in that we do not know the make of the rather battered car, I enclose a scan of the postcard back also although I cannot see it being of much help? click here, click here

Brumas 23:59 PM 28 Oct 11

I'm turning in, G'Night All.

birdface 07:55 AM 29 Oct 11

Apart from the postcard postmark of Somerleyton I have no idea as to where the Postcard was from.

No doubt someone on here will find out where and when.

Quickbeam 08:25 AM 29 Oct 11

I'll bet that she had no problems cranking that motor over, she has a very self confident and determined look...

Quickbeam 08:28 AM 29 Oct 11 it Bonnie Parker?

Noldi 09:08 AM 29 Oct 11

I would say the car is a Bently by position of the spare wheel. Noldi

Brumas 09:10 AM 29 Oct 11

Quickbeam, I have just noticed, one of the headlamps is missing, probably lost it in a quick getaway from a botched bank robbery ;o}

Brumas 09:11 AM 29 Oct 11

Noldi makes a change from the type of car you are normally associated with!

Quickbeam 09:44 AM 29 Oct 11

I'm thinking the style is pre-WW1.

By the way, is it a car ID, or is it who's stable block we need to ID...?

Quickbeam 09:51 AM 29 Oct 11

The clothes look '20s, but the car looks to be older with coach styling from a horse carriage and possibly a French styled one with that high raised scuttle. It's right hand drive, but does that make a difference, I didn't think the driving side was necessarily set in stone in the early years. If it was a Bentley there would be a flying B on the bonnet.

Brumas 09:54 AM 29 Oct 11

Quickbeam, the former, I reckon it will prove nigh on impossible to ID the latter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off