Identification Longshot/Talking Point 549

Brumas 23:54 PM 28 Oct 11

Good Evening All

One for the night shift before I turn in, my brain hurts ;o}

This is really A GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD in that we do not know the make of the rather battered car, I enclose a scan of the postcard back also although I cannot see it being of much help? click here, click here

Brumas 23:59 PM 28 Oct 11

I'm turning in, G'Night All.

birdface 07:55 AM 29 Oct 11

Apart from the postcard postmark of Somerleyton I have no idea as to where the Postcard was from.

No doubt someone on here will find out where and when.

Quickbeam 08:25 AM 29 Oct 11

I'll bet that she had no problems cranking that motor over, she has a very self confident and determined look...

Quickbeam 08:28 AM 29 Oct 11

...is it Bonnie Parker?

Noldi 09:08 AM 29 Oct 11

I would say the car is a Bently by position of the spare wheel. Noldi

Brumas 09:10 AM 29 Oct 11

Quickbeam, I have just noticed, one of the headlamps is missing, probably lost it in a quick getaway from a botched bank robbery ;o}

Brumas 09:11 AM 29 Oct 11

Noldi makes a change from the type of car you are normally associated with!

Quickbeam 09:44 AM 29 Oct 11

I'm thinking the style is pre-WW1.

By the way, is it a car ID, or is it who's stable block we need to ID...?

Quickbeam 09:51 AM 29 Oct 11

The clothes look '20s, but the car looks to be older with coach styling from a horse carriage and possibly a French styled one with that high raised scuttle. It's right hand drive, but does that make a difference, I didn't think the driving side was necessarily set in stone in the early years. If it was a Bentley there would be a flying B on the bonnet.

Brumas 09:54 AM 29 Oct 11

Quickbeam, the former, I reckon it will prove nigh on impossible to ID the latter.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites