Identification Longshot/Talking Point 460

Brumas 23:12 PM 20 May 11

Good Evening All. This is a GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD. There isn’t much to go on, as it is unposted and with a standard divided back there aren’t any clues! click here

birdface 23:25 PM 20 May 11

And by the look of it it is going to stay Unindenified especially by me as it's bed time.

best of luck to the night shift.

G/Night all.

Brumas 23:42 PM 20 May 11

Aye, Iv’e had a long day too, G’Night All.

Condom 00:07 AM 21 May 11

I haven't a clue where it is but the design of the buildings and the general lanscape appears to be very like Thailand from about 80 years ago

Quickbeam 01:30 AM 21 May 11

What sort of air pressure conditions cause that kind of lingering/hanging smoke form such tall chimbleys?

zzzz999 05:29 AM 21 May 11

Is that an olive tree in the foreground?

morddwyd 07:27 AM 21 May 11

If I didn't know these were old pictures I'd say that was a battery farm in the foreground!

Why would anyone publish a postcard of a view which appears totally without merit?

Quickbeam 08:56 AM 21 May 11

"totally without merit?" They get us guessing don't they?

morddwyd 09:25 AM 21 May 11

Yes, but I don't suppose that was the intention of the original publisher who made it a postcard!

I wonder how many they sold?

Woolwell 12:34 PM 21 May 11

But it probably wasn't created as a postcard to be published. Many old photos, taken privately or by a studio for a family, were then printed with a postcard back. They were never meant to be posted. I have several family photos like that. They date back to the 1910's or 20's.

Woolwell 12:37 PM 21 May 11

I think that the point of interest here is the railway station/goods yard/marshalling yard with in the foreground a rugby pitch and possibly army barrack huts.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…