Identification Longshot/Talking Point 451

Brumas 06 May 11
Answered

Good Evening All. How many can remember going to the old Saturday morning matinees and galloping home, slapping your side, if the main film featured Hopalong Cassidy, the Cisco Kid or, my favourite the Range Rider? click here

realist 06 May 11
Answer

The Forum Cinema, Herries Road, Sheffield

Quickbeam 06 May 11

We had an art deco cinema like that until the council vandalism department allowed it to be demolished a couple of years ago.

Woolwell 06 May 11

Now a bingo hall?

morddwyd 06 May 11

Plaza, North Road Cardiff

Woolwell 06 May 11

realist has it Forum cinema

Quickbeam 06 May 11

This was our one Doncaster Gaumont

Brumas 06 May 11

realist. Well Done. But nobody has admitted to galloping home like I used to!

Bapou 06 May 11

Flash Gordon had just started when the air raid siren started and we all had to supposedly leave and walk in an orderly fashion to the shelter.

There was nothing orderly about it when we got outside, galloping wasn't in it!

Brumas 06 May 11

Bapou, that made me chuckle but I must also admit that if it was the episode of 'Flash Gordon and the Clay people’ we used to slide our bodies slowly across the walls and hedges, mimicking the clay people coming out of the walls. Trouble was we got home late and missed best part of our dinner and Mum wasn’t too pleased!!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message