Identification Longshot/Talking Point.

Brumas 26 Feb 13
Answered

It would appear that some of the Old Guard would like to see a second edition possibly on a Monday night, I have no problem with that as Fran has enough postcards to last until 2020 and beyond!

If enough of you express an interest I would however, make two provisos, one compulsory and one voluntary before I tie another albatross around my neck ;o}} Firstly, as most of you regulars already know, absolutely NO USE OF GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH!! Secondly which is of course voluntarily, to share the anecdotal memories and observations which surfaced in the identifying process - everyone likes a good dose of nostalgia and reminiscence. More than often the resultant craic is more interesting/entertaining then the original subject matter ;o}}

Bing.alau 26 Feb 13

Brumas. I would like it earlier if possible. I find that by nine p.m. I am just getting in the mood to get my aching spine in to a horizontal positon.

But there are other considerations of course. I know some people don't get finished from work and having their evening meal until later, but about 19.30 hours or there-abouts would suit me better. I know it wouldn't make a ha'porth of difference to my wild guesses though.

Then of course there are the times you have to go on a happy holiday, or are busy doing other things. So don't go making hard and fast rules for yourself about times and things which you are going to find difficult to keep up with.

But I will be all for it if you do go ahead with it no matter what time. As jock1e said, maybe there are some of the old unsolved ones which might be recognised. He is pretty good at the game and may have missed those early ones.

Brumas 26 Feb 13

Bing.alau Thanks for your interest; the thing is, 21:00hrs is a good time for me, earlier wouldn't be convenient.

As far as holidays go , we generally go Monday to Friday arriving back home no later then 20:00hrs so only one night would be missed. The trouble with relisting old unidentified ones is occasionally Fran has a purge and gives me a bundle to take to the Charity Shop, inevitably those are always included!

Bing.alau 26 Feb 13

I did have a copy of the clock which I used. But haven't seen it lately so will have to copy, paste again. Hopefully I can get it the right way up too.

Nice to know somebody else is on the forum besides me today. Three at least.

Brumas 26 Feb 13

click here shall also post it on Friday.

Brumas 26 Feb 13

Thanks, but twice a week will be more than enough for moi ;o}

Bing.alau 26 Feb 13

Brumas. Thanks and have bookmarked it. I think I lost the previous one when I put my computer back to its factory settings about twelve months ago, because I was having all sorts of problems.

Forum Editor 26 Feb 13

"...twice a week will be more than enough for moi"

I think twice a week is fine; you can have too much of a good thing, after all.

Brumas 26 Feb 13

Forum Editor, never mind the flattery ;o}} how about having a stab yourself, you did get one right, if memory serves me correctly, a couple of years ago?

muddypaws 26 Feb 13

Brumas

I always follow it, but seldom recognise any. I am there in spirit.

If you can post some of Canterbury or Sevenoaks and warn me in advance I might be OK!

Looking forward to an extra one.

Got a new wireless keyboard and mouse to-day. Do you think that might help?

I can once again see which key is which.

Bing.alau 26 Feb 13

Keep your muddy paws of the keyboard then.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Wimbledon 2015 live online: follow the tennis from your laptop or PC

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message