Identification Longshot/Talking Point 403

Brumas 08:23 24 Dec 10

Good Morning All.
I am posting this early because we are just about to set off to drive to Preston to spend Christmas with our son and daughter. To say I am not looking forward to the 186 mile drive, in these weather conditions, would be rather an understatement, still as long as we get there before dark I shall be satisfied/relieved!
Back to the task in hand. THIS IS A GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD, as you can see it is in terrible condition, the back is even worse and there are no clues as it has not been posted! No doubt it will keep those of you, at a loose end, who venture on to the forum over Christmas busy and, who knows, we might even get a positive result! click here
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to one and all.

Quickbeam 08:48 24 Dec 10

Your online 12 hours too early!

Quickbeam 08:56 24 Dec 10

I think we've all seen a thousand of those little sweetshop/grocers at some time or another, but judging by the date, given away by the cloche hat, it's probably been demolished decades ago.

I predict that no-one will identify this one.

Bingalau 09:28 24 Dec 10

Brumas, let us know when you are there safely.

Bingalau 09:31 24 Dec 10

I used to know a bloke from Birmingham "Brummie Hunt". We used to play footie for the same team... So I will take a guess at Birmingham. It's his great grandparent's shop In the high street.

wiz-king 11:06 24 Dec 10

Every railway station had one.

ella33 11:20 24 Dec 10

Happy Christmas Brumas! (I did see the other one but didn't get round to replying!)

Easy, it's the cadbury's shop at Westward Ho! And that's my Grandma standing in front!

jack O'lantern 11:42 24 Dec 10

Now in all probabilty long demolished or turned into a holiday home
But this one does ring bells - a long time ago in a villiage on the outskirts of Tenderten Kent

Brumas 21:21 24 Dec 10

Arrived here safely just after 2pm, roads in Northumberland were treachorous but as we travelled westwards the roads improved!! The worst part was getting out of belford as the ruts in the snow had frozen over night and it was like driving along tram lines! They wanted to go the way I didn't!
My daughter is typing this for me on her lap top and that is the only involvement I am going to have over christmas because I am getting fuller of the christmas cheer/beer! :)

Macscouse 22:46 24 Dec 10

Enjoy the break, and keep the door closed. Bingalau is only a few miles down the road from your location....

Bingalau 09:18 25 Dec 10

Bingalau is also keeping his doors closed for the same reason. (I spotted my first gritter last night. But it was just tootling along doing nothing but showing his yellow flashing light). Sefton council have done nothing at all to the roads in my area. Or any other area that I can see. After a week I think that is disgusting. But I suppose the rates will be going up shortly.

Anybody spotted the shop's location yet? I still think it is Birmingham way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…