Identification Longshot/Talking Point 390

Brumas 22:46 26 Nov 10

Good Evening All.
Last one for tonight is A GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD. Just a plain back, no clues as it was not posted.
click here

octal 22:51 26 Nov 10

Interesting information on the Joy Wheel, click here but it doesn't help identify the picture.

birdface 23:07 26 Nov 10

Looks like a goodnight from me and a goodnight for him.
Good luck boys and girls hope you have it solved by the time I get up in the morning.
But I doubt it.

MAT ALAN 23:11 26 Nov 10

Suggestion is Grays as a travelling funfair mostly operated in norfolk, so i'm plumping for there.
Exactly where is still a mystery at the mo...

Brumas 23:18 26 Nov 10

I agree, it is interesting. I used to enjoy going to Hull Fair ‘when I were a lad’ but as I grew older it seemed to me that the exciting rides were disappearing and the boring ones were increasing!
I used to go to Riley High School, which was only five streets away and, as it was out of bounds on lunch times, me and my mates inevitably sneaked there and mooched around and we never got caught!

Brumas 23:19 26 Nov 10

Sounds promising.

Macscouse 23:29 26 Nov 10

Probably nothing at all to do with this, but looking at the shape of "Grays Retreat",it is a bit of a co-incidence.

click here

Brumas 23:34 26 Nov 10

There is a certain similarity I must admit, but just how this links with the fun fair I haven’t the foggiest!

Brumas 23:35 26 Nov 10

I’m turning in now Folks, G’Night All.

Macscouse 23:54 26 Nov 10

Octal's link mentions that it was a travelling fairground attraction. It is an historical fact that as early as the 1870's, travelling circuses and fairs were a very popular attraction in the American West.People were known to ride 40 miles for a day at the circus. Perhaps a clever entrepreneur had one delivered to the area.

Taff™ 08:16 27 Nov 10

Grays Retreat near Theydon Bois in Epping Forest. click here and scroll down to the relevant pictures.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…