Identification Longshot/Talking Point 335

Brumas 23:38 13 Aug 10

Good Evening All.
I’m turning in so I shall leave A GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED ONE for you all to ponder over whilst I am in the arms of Morpheus, G’Night All again!
click here

ashdav 00:53 14 Aug 10

You've got to be joking !
If anyone gets this they've either lived there or they're lucky.
Good luck to anyone who does.

Quickbeam 01:11 14 Aug 10

This one was taken so early that even the dog was still in the land of nod. All I can say is that doorway tax was prevalent in this town and probably stray dog tax as well... But somebody is up on this damp looking Autumn morning airing the bedrooms with the open windows.

As a wild guess, I'll go for an English/Welsh border town, as I would think the building with the open windows and an archway entrance is an inn/brewery and the architecture looks Welsh borders. There is no sign of motor traffic but the road is tarmaced, so I reckon early '20s.

Quickbeam 01:20 14 Aug 10

I also reckon that the bricked up archway was originally an extra coaching stable for the inn, and then not needed, so converted to another use. The open vertical vent above the door suggests a hay loft for it's original use.

Quickbeam 01:22 14 Aug 10

If it is an inn, there is no sign, maybe it's the back entrance.

zzzz999 07:48 14 Aug 10

Wonder if its York, just some of the less photographed bits

morddwyd 08:29 14 Aug 10

With Quickbeam, somewhere in the Marches - Hereford, Ludlow, Leominster, perhaps not Shrewsbury.

muddypaws 08:30 14 Aug 10

Ladders stored through the narrow window above the blocked arch?
Railings? at the end of that building indicating a stream running under the road and the houses on left. The road has a hump in it there possibly supporting this idea.
Beyond the railing is that a school or chapel with a tower?

Quickbeam 09:43 14 Aug 10

The railings that muddypaws spotted could be the Shropshire Union canal some where in the Welshpool area. The buildings with the very tall chimneys, rough slate roofs and the rounded lower corner with the square upper level corner still say Welsh borders to me.

Then the building with the blocked up archway could be a canalside warehouse, with a main access onto the canal wharf.

muddypaws 10:06 14 Aug 10

Appears to be a hand water pump in front of the brick up with a grating in the ground.. Possibly still in use judging from dampness on road.
Can I detect the handle on the left of the box?
Now why install pump after brick up?
Quickbeam
Can't see dog!

Bingalau 10:47 14 Aug 10

Ludlow, Shropshire.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…