Identification Longshot/Talking Point 264

Brumas 20:58 19 Feb 10

Good Evening All
This week is a little different in that there are two parts to the puzzle.
First, identify the EXACT location and Second, translate the messages on the backs. The language looks Welsh to me but I am no expert!

To those of us who ‘got our knees brown’ the location shouldn’t present too much of a problem to identify. However, in order to avert the silver mouse, by letting this develop into a glorification of forces nostalgia junket, I must add the following disclaimer :-

All us ex squaddies, bootnecks, crabs and fish heads do solemnly declare that we didn’t enjoy our stretch in H.M.Forces, we didn’t experience unparalleled camaraderie neither did we feel ourselves superior to those in civvy street. Furthermore, we hated every minute of our time spent in exotic foreign climes with people, some of which remain good friends to this day and we certainly wouldn’t do the same thing again if we were given the chance because back then we viewed everything through rose-tinted bins :o))
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here

sunnystaines 21:00 19 Feb 10

number 1 looks like oman with the hills so close and the buildings

Bingalau 21:03 19 Feb 10

Brumas. Have we got to raise our right hand and declare the aforementioned disclaimer, or can we just say "O.K." If so, then "O.K."..... I will now have look at the pictures, No doubt they sound like the Suez area to me already and I ain't looked yet.

sunnystaines 21:03 19 Feb 10

number 4 mentions "sheba" which is ethiopia that part now in eritrea was ethiopia.

Bingalau 21:05 19 Feb 10

The lingo looks like Welsh to me...

Bingalau 21:07 19 Feb 10

I shall have a guess at Morrocco.

sunnystaines 21:07 19 Feb 10

after looking at the backs of the cards and pictures eritrea somaliland comes to mind.

might be across the water in hadhramaut or aden

Macscouse 21:08 19 Feb 10

Aden?
Number 2. Could that be Cleopatra's Wells?

Brumas 21:12 19 Feb 10

It is Aden but I need positive i.d's

Brumas 21:16 19 Feb 10

Number two is annotated The Tanks, Aden but your name could be a local name?
I'll give you a lower case well done.

STREETWORK 21:17 19 Feb 10

Its that place where they shot the film, Who Would be King, or summut...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple