Identification Longshot/Talking Point 199

Brumas 20:58 14 Aug 09

Good Evening All
There is a lot going on in this busy harbour ,possibly a regatta (the card doesn’t tell us), plenty of vessels of all shape and size. Maybe even someone could be able to identify the different types the craft?
click here

Macscouse 21:10 14 Aug 09

Evening, all.
Special prize for spotting Bingalau in the crowd!

peter99co 21:10 14 Aug 09

Cowes I.O.W

Bingalau 21:15 14 Aug 09

Good evening Brumas, I am wondering if the part of the building on the right side of the picture (looking at it) is part of Semaphore Tower in Portsmouth harbour? I've tried to see what the notice says on the front of the building in the foreground. But squinting at it, even after I have messed around with photo-shop doesn't give me any answers. Some ex-matelot will recognise what looks like a RN ship no doubt. (No Brumas, it is not too modern for my time either, I know what you are thinking...

Bingalau 21:16 14 Aug 09

I'll get you for that Scousemouse... You just wait until your next visit back home. Waterloo? You will meet yours.

bluto1 21:20 14 Aug 09

I recognise a rowboat and I believe it could be Macscouse drunk in charge. Pass the bottle.

Macscouse 21:24 14 Aug 09

It can't be me, I'm an ex-Pongo, I don't go in those floaty things.

bluto1 21:37 14 Aug 09

Is this place on the Isle of Wight? Such a festive atmosphere about the picture.

Brumas 21:45 14 Aug 09

I'm afraid it isn't the Isle of Wight.

Bingalau 22:03 14 Aug 09

Chatham then?

Bingalau 22:13 14 Aug 09

Looking at the picture again, I now think it is probably one of the Cinque ports. How about Deal in Kent?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…