Identification Longshot/Talking Point 165

Brumas 23:21 17 Apr 09

Good Evening All.
Here’s another before I retire for the night.
click here

Woolwell 23:25 17 Apr 09

Southsea. click here

Brumas 23:29 17 Apr 09

Well Done. Speedy Gonzales ;o)

Woolwell 23:30 17 Apr 09

And a bit more information click here

Spent too much time on Pompey based ships. Bingalau must have served at Southsea Barracks.

john bunyan 23:48 17 Apr 09

It is the only one I knew - and I was too slow. Woolwell - you mean RM Eastney and Fort Cumberland - now sadly sold, except for the Royal Marines Museum in the old Officers Mess. Bingalau and I both served there (I am sure)

Brumas 23:49 17 Apr 09

Woolwell - thanks for the extra info.
john bunyan - better luck next time.

Quickbeam 00:42 18 Apr 09

and the buses are on a day trip from St Trinians.

john bunyan 08:58 18 Apr 09

Also, finally, in the rose gardens nearby is a memorial to the "Cockleshell Heroes" of Op Frankton - what was then the RMBPD trained there until about 1954.

Brumas 09:30 18 Apr 09

One of the classic wartime films and a particular favourite of mine.

Bingalau 12:04 18 Apr 09

john bunyan and Brumas. (by the way I noticed you waited until I had retired before putting that one on) Yes John I served there of course and know it well and just for Brumas, I was actually in that picture. My CO Captain (then) "Pug" Davies managed to get a gang of us in the film as extras, I did a few takes as one of the frogmen in the underwater scenes. So there you go Brumas, You didn't know I was a stunt-man did you? The only other thing I remember about staying in Elstree studios was talking and sometimes singing along with Max Bygraves at lunch times. He was doing another picture at the time. Oh yes our Sergeant's Major copped off with the Wardrobe mistress. I'm a mine of useless information aren't I?

Brumas 12:48 18 Apr 09

I'll look at you in a new light now lovey, respect ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…