Identification Longshot/Talking Point 152

Brumas 20:58 27 Feb 09

Good Evening All.
It is anybody's guess who had ‘right of way’ owing to the absence of road markings, although the faint right curve would suggest the main road was on the right - but where?

click here

peter99co 21:19 27 Feb 09

The car on the left is registered in Nottingham

Macscouse 21:49 27 Feb 09

There must have been hundreds of these junctions in pre-motorway days, but they have mostly been removed for road safety reasons. I used to stand at one on the A34 in my Battledress waiting for a lift home or back to barracks.

Brumas 22:05 27 Feb 09

I used to get a bus to the A1 from Catterick and hitch home from there. Most times I used to get a lift to the A63 and then on to Hull only once did I get a lift all the way there - happy days.

STREETWORK 22:27 27 Feb 09

Hmmm,

A38 Worchester

Bingalau 22:34 27 Feb 09

I'm guessing that the large wording on the left of the picture is on the gable end of a pub. Advertising some make of "ALES". Looks like it was taken in the early fifties. But I suppose the car buffs can date it precisely. Wish there was that much traffic on the roads now a days though.

peter99co 22:52 27 Feb 09

1961: Panda replaces zebra at road crossing
A new type of road crossing with push button controls.

The Street lighting looks newer though.

Brumas 23:15 27 Feb 09

A clue before I turn in for the night - I'm bushed I cleaned the pond out this afternoon.

Between 16:00 and 18:00hrs.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:19 27 Feb 09

peter99co says Nottingham maybe West Bridgford click here at least the lamposts look the same :0)

birdface 00:51 28 Feb 09

Reminds me of two different places.Nottingham Rd in Melton Mowbray or Rushden in Northants.

laurie53 09:04 28 Feb 09

I think the snappy dresser on the right is me in my "Man About Town" days!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Portable power and versatile design let down by expensive accessories and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best design TV series, films & documentaries

iPhone 7 Plus vs Sony Xperia XZ Premium comparison preview: Superb camera gives Sony the edge - on…