Identification Longshot/Talking Point 135

Brumas 20:56 19 Dec 08

Good Evening All.
The quintessential portrayal of a peaceful rural scene, possibly British although I have to admit I have never seen high windows in a church tower illuminated so, however I digress, where is the church? click here

Seriously I, and of course Fran my long suffering wife, extend those greetings to all those who take part in my weekly offering hoping that they get as much enjoyment and satisfaction from solving/identifying them as I do in selecting and finding them :o))

Macscouse 21:00 19 Dec 08

May I extend the season's Greetings to Fran and yourself, and I hope that your New Year's resolution is to be not so devious next year.
Thanks for all the fun and frustration you have caused this year.

rdave13 21:03 19 Dec 08

Merry Christmas Brumas and family! 'Tis a Kirk methinks. It only snows in Scotland.

Coffee Adict 21:08 19 Dec 08

I think the setting evening sun is reflecting on the windows making them appear to be lit up.

Macscouse 21:14 19 Dec 08

From the long-haired one - What is snow? She is Scottish and fizzing at that remark. We have had only a small dusting this winter, whilst England and Gatwick have been cut off. Now I'll have to pour my own beer, she's in a huff!

bluto1 21:26 19 Dec 08

I too think it's in Scotland, and I'd guess in the Islands, but which one. Iona?

Macscouse, I feel sorry for a lad who's Mrs MacHuff won't pour him a drink.(:-))

Jim Thing 21:28 19 Dec 08

Season's Greetings — and many thanks for the weekly entertainment. I only had one of them right all year but I've been practising and hope to do better in 2009.

MCE2K5 21:29 19 Dec 08

Seen very similar Churches in Austria.

QuizMan 21:30 19 Dec 08

click here
Just need more time to find the actual card. Perhaps if we wait for the snow to melt.

MCE2K5 21:30 19 Dec 08

Merry Christmas Mr & Mrs Brumas.

Bingalau 21:30 19 Dec 08

Brumas. That doesn't look like a real church to me. If it is? Was it specially built to be copied on to Christmas cards? Has it really got curtains on the upper windows in the tower? By the way the light in the lower windows more or less matches the light in the tower windows. Is that Macscouse on the pathway pushing his barrel of beer home-wards?

Brumas. All the best for Christmas and New Year to you and your family. Better health in the coming years to you and all your puzzle-ists (puzzle-ites) competitors? Whatever.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…