Identification Longshot and Talking Point winding up!

Brumas 22:01 20 Sep 13
Answered

I'm sorry all you regulars, all who have played along with me these last 7 or 8 years but I shall not be continuing with this - I had hoped to make 1000 but because of these new regulations it is no fun any more. If it changes back to how it used to be I shall willingly return as I did enjoy it 'in the old days'

This is not a decision taken in a fit of pique nor am I throwing my dummy out of the pram but how can you or I enjoy it when we are not allowed to bandy back and forth?

I shall see out tonight and that's it folks, I can do without the headache it gives me.

Over the years I have really enjoyed it especially hearing the anecdotes and personal memories of the places featured. Hopefully if PCAdvisor see sense and returns to the old format I shall return and take up where I left off.

Thanks to all of you who played along with me.

Woolwell 22:06 20 Sep 13

We will miss it. Thanks for all of the enjoyment you have given. I'm still looking for the Lobster Pot cafe which was one of your early unidentified ones.

I can still post regularly on threads but the site has changed.

alB* 22:08 20 Sep 13

Speakers Corner won't be the same on Friday nights ....sad, Thanks Brumas for all the enjoyment ...alB

lotvic 22:13 20 Sep 13

I'll miss it. Even though I don't post much on them - they usually get solved while I'm still searching - I've spent many an enjoyable hour looking for the answer. Thanks for doing it for as long as you have.

QuizMan 22:16 20 Sep 13

I, for one, am saddened to hear this. I looked forward to the Friday challenge. I even managed to get a few right. I really hope that things return to how they were.

Whilst I understand why the forum changes were put in place, I am sure I read in one of the threads, an FE comment that the changes were not supposed to apply to regular contributors, but clearly they do and that is a great shame.

For now, thank you for persevering through thick and thin and entertaining us over the years.

Macscouse 22:19 20 Sep 13

Brumas

Ta, La, for all the fun, and for the good people I have met through participating in your fiendish scheme. A special thanks must go to Fran for letting you play with her collection. Keep in touch.

rdave13 22:20 20 Sep 13

Brumas , I'm sorry to hear of your decision but I do think the site has changed from a friendly one to one that doesn't care a shit about its members. Truth be told. If FE deletes my post I won't worry.

Thanks for a great treat that you created for a Friday evening.

asmara0208 22:22 20 Sep 13

As QuizMan's partner in solving a few over beer and crisps I also thank you for keeping us amused and entertained. Perhaps if any of us find an alternative site that is more accommodating for your art they could put up a posting on Speakers Corner - preferably around 9.00pm on a Friday night. Regards and best wishes.

Ps At least you'll save a bit of money on Snowpak.

Woolwell 22:32 20 Sep 13

Lazarus the 2nd - It was by an estuary with no other houses around. We never did get it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:34 20 Sep 13

Sad to see it go friday nights just will not be the same.

Thanks for all your hard work over the years and thank Fran for the cards :0)

Woolwell 22:36 20 Sep 13

Good point Fruit Bat - We must not forget to thank Fran.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now