Identification Longshot and Talking Point 919

Brumas 23:36 PM 12 Jul 13

Good Evening All.

Iv’e had the usual Friday night trouble i.e, being unable to post for periods of time. Let’s hope this one gets through!

This is a cross between a GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD and a doctored one in that there is text but it is unreadable and I cannot find any castle ending in those letters!

click here

click here

kittyfit 00:05 AM 13 Jul 13

Could it be Busby Castle, near Kilmaurs, Ayrshire?

lotvic 00:27 AM 13 Jul 13

Budby Castle, Budby, Nottinghamshire NG22 9EU click here

Brumas 09:07 AM 13 Jul 13

lotvic Well Done. I didn't get anywhere with this and frankly I didn't think anyone else would, well done indeed!

Brumas 09:08 AM 13 Jul 13

kittyfit nice to see a new face, I tinkered with that but couldn't make the image fit the evidence :o{

lotvic 18:22 PM 13 Jul 13

Thank you. After not having any luck in finding any for past few years... I'm now very pleased with myself :)

I found a bit more info on the castle, apparently it was built to house the boat crews and was originally named Castle William after William Scott, "Captain of the Mary" click here

john bunyan 19:24 PM 13 Jul 13

Good find. To get a genuine unidentified one is brilliant - I often need a Brumas clue!

Brumas 20:04 PM 13 Jul 13

john bunyan I tried to post last night but was, as usual, thwarted by the gremlins. What I would liked to have said was that I admire the fortitude, perspicacity and general good spirits shown by yourself during, what must be, a very harrowing episode in your life, respect!

john bunyan 10:37 AM 14 Jul 13

Very kind, but many are far worse off than me - see Panorama on PTSD, and at reunions I see young guys with life changing wounds who are really to be admired for thei humour and courage..

Thanks again for the competition. Just a thought in view of the problems you have encountered - maybe a first post at 2030?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know