Identification Longshot and Talking Point 869

Brumas 21:55 PM 19 Apr 13

Good Evening All.

Time for a little lump of water. We stayed here once and it was the windiest place we had ever been to!!

click here

Aitchbee 22:00 PM 19 Apr 13

Al94 22:03 PM 19 Apr 13

Woolwell 22:06 PM 19 Apr 13

"it was the windiest place we had ever been to" - In contention with the Falklands then.

Suspect that this is Scotland.

Brumas 22:16 PM 19 Apr 13

Al94, Well Done

morddwyd 07:25 AM 20 Apr 13

Galloway, probably my favourite place in the whole of the UK.

Spent many happy Sunday afternoons in Portpatrick when I was stationed at West Freugh, near Stranraer.

We still holiday there as the place is virtually unchanged in fifty or more years.

Brumas 09:28 AM 20 Apr 13

We stayed in a very large hotel high up and overlooking the harbour and when the wind blew it rattled the window panes with such ferocity I stuffed newspapers in the channels and drew the curtains tight in case they imploded!! Having said that, we did enjoy ourselves as the area was unspoilt and as for the Rhins of Galloway, spectacular!!

morddwyd 20:38 PM 20 Apr 13

The Mull itself has just been the subject of a community buy-out, except for the lighthouse, to ensure that it remains undeveloped.

God forbid that it should ever resemble John o' Gtoats or Lands End.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know