Identification Longshot and Talking Point 866

Brumas 12 Apr 13
Answered

Good Evening All.

I have been through this place many times when I was working and believe me it is as desolate as it looks and I don’t think progress has caught up with it still o}

click here

Brumas 12 Apr 13

Jock1e I'm impressed, you are about 2 miles adrift!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12 Apr 13

The only other two places I know near there are Hop Pole and Cowbit

Lovely country names

asmara0208 12 Apr 13

It certainly looks like Deeping St Nicholas Methodist church

Woolwell 12 Apr 13

I think that you have to give it to Jock1e as it is Deeping St Nicholas Methodist Church in the foreground.

Woolwell 12 Apr 13
  john bunyan 12 Apr 13

Jock 1e, Woolwell

Very good; such a deserted place - I had no clue.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12 Apr 13

Littleworth Drove

Brumas 12 Apr 13

This is confusing, that stretch of the A1175 east from Market Deeping is quite desolate with few buildings along it's route, that I can remember from my travels however the postcard is captioned Hop Pole, Spalding yet it is definitely the Methodist Church at Deeping St. Nicholas as pointed out by asmara0208.

So, in all fairness it is a Well Done for Jock1e and a Well Done for asmara0208

Woolwell 12 Apr 13

The Google street view shows that little has changed apart from the amount of traffic.

Woolwell 12 Apr 13

Put in Hop Pole in Google maps and it locates at the exact spot of the postcard.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message