Identification Longshot and Talking Point 839

Brumas 23:16 PM 22 Feb 13
Answered

Good Evening All.

Last one before I turn in.

click here

Brumas 23:24 PM 22 Feb 13

A clue before I turn in using my old Map Clock system click here It is between 2 and 4 o'clock.

Brumas 23:27 PM 22 Feb 13

I'm turning in now folks, the site is taking ages to load and I'm bushed, G'Night All.

Quickbeam 06:16 AM 23 Feb 13

I got up at 03:00 and still didn't get it! Did I get up too early , or too late?

Quickbeam 06:25 AM 23 Feb 13

And your map link is upside down, it looks more like George RR Martin's Westeros & Easteros that way up. Was I supposed to stand on my head too?

Quickbeam 06:28 AM 23 Feb 13

It has an East Anglian look about it. With the Norman architecture I'd say South Lincs/North Norfolk.

So I'll guess at a North Norfolk market town..... eeeerm... Burnham Market?

Quickbeam 06:42 AM 23 Feb 13

On second thoughts, is it Lincs again? North Norfolk is more likely to be of flint rather than stone construction.

Sooooo, for a Lincs wild guess, um, um... um, Conninsby. There's something about that chequered Norman tower that tells me I've seen it at some time during my trucking years.

Quickbeam 06:45 AM 23 Feb 13

Is everyone else having a lie in?

Early to bed, early to rise and all that... and the dogs are wanting a walk as the sun is on the horizon, that's a real bummer in the summer:)

Quickbeam 06:49 AM 23 Feb 13

I'm guessing that fortified looking building in the market square started of as a Saxon building with the square topped windows, and was extended up with the addition of Norman windows.

Quickbeam 06:50 AM 23 Feb 13

...and I'm off out now, it's boring playing I spy by yourself!

morddwyd 07:19 AM 23 Feb 13

Dalkeith?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…