Identification Longshot and Talking Point 839

Brumas 22 Feb 13
Answered

Good Evening All.

Last one before I turn in.

click here

Brumas 22 Feb 13

A clue before I turn in using my old Map Clock system click here It is between 2 and 4 o'clock.

Brumas 22 Feb 13

I'm turning in now folks, the site is taking ages to load and I'm bushed, G'Night All.

Quickbeam 23 Feb 13

I got up at 03:00 and still didn't get it! Did I get up too early , or too late?

Quickbeam 23 Feb 13

And your map link is upside down, it looks more like George RR Martin's Westeros & Easteros that way up. Was I supposed to stand on my head too?

Quickbeam 23 Feb 13

It has an East Anglian look about it. With the Norman architecture I'd say South Lincs/North Norfolk.

So I'll guess at a North Norfolk market town..... eeeerm... Burnham Market?

Quickbeam 23 Feb 13

On second thoughts, is it Lincs again? North Norfolk is more likely to be of flint rather than stone construction.

Sooooo, for a Lincs wild guess, um, um... um, Conninsby. There's something about that chequered Norman tower that tells me I've seen it at some time during my trucking years.

Quickbeam 23 Feb 13

Is everyone else having a lie in?

Early to bed, early to rise and all that... and the dogs are wanting a walk as the sun is on the horizon, that's a real bummer in the summer:)

Quickbeam 23 Feb 13

I'm guessing that fortified looking building in the market square started of as a Saxon building with the square topped windows, and was extended up with the addition of Norman windows.

Quickbeam 23 Feb 13

...and I'm off out now, it's boring playing I spy by yourself!

morddwyd 23 Feb 13

Dalkeith?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message