Identification Longshot and Talking Point 789

Brumas 07 Dec 12
Answered

Good Evening All.

Celebrating what and where exactly?

click here

john bunyan 07 Dec 12

From the Fortnum and Mason van, London - A street like Piccadilly or Regent Street. Maybe end of WW2? (A first guess)

Brumas 07 Dec 12

john bunyan, Good Call, it is London.

Macscouse 07 Dec 12

Could be the Coronation of George VI, or the Festival of Britain.

Aitchbee 07 Dec 12

The birth of a member of the Royal Family circa 1948 in London's Pall Mall.

Bing.alau 07 Dec 12

I'm with Macscouse in thinking the coronation in 1936. The cars look to be about that era.

Bing.alau 07 Dec 12

I would think any Londoner would spot where exactly from the shop names etc. As I have a song playing at this moment which ends "She sits with me, and drinks her tea, which tickles them to death" I will guess at a banking area "Throgmorton street is a name which has suddenly materialised in my mind but I am wondering if I have made it up.

john bunyan 07 Dec 12

I also agree with Macscouse. Coronation 1937 (not '36)

Brumas 07 Dec 12

I think it will be practically impossible to work out , from the decorations, exactly what was being celebrated so I will enlighten you all - King George V Silver Jubilee.

Bing.alau 07 Dec 12

jb

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. Looks like my memory is already condemned. Maybe I am getting mixed up with the opening of the Mersey tunnel.

Bing.alau 07 Dec 12

Now that you have told us when, how about where exactly?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message