Identification Longshot and Talking Point 753

Brumas 20:59 PM 26 Oct 12

Good Evening All.

I doubt this very busy level crossing is extant, if it were it would be hardly practical in a modern day rush hour!

click here

octal 21:03 PM 26 Oct 12

Well, it's not the Western region, the signal is wrong.

octal 21:08 PM 26 Oct 12

Closer look at the signal, it's a Midland region signal post, sad I know.

john bunyan 21:11 PM 26 Oct 12

Thought I would be out tonight but my relatives have flu. Rahway Bell (sign at top of LH building)seems to be in New Jersey USA but that cannot be, surely?

Brumas 21:12 PM 26 Oct 12

john bunyan It is in Blighty old pal.

octal 21:17 PM 26 Oct 12

I'm going to take a guess at this, George Lane Station South Woodford?

Bing.alau 21:17 PM 26 Oct 12

jb I was just going to have a quick look and apologise for your absence. Nice to see you have made it and there's no sign of jock1e yet. Could be ominous of course, he's maybe holding back to see how things go before leaping in and scoring. I think I will have a look now and see if I can recognise it. If not then I am off to bed as I did a bit of night clubbing last night.

Bing.alau 21:21 PM 26 Oct 12

Could it be an overhead railway as the one we used to have in Liverpool running the length of the docks? It doesn't look like Liverpool overhead railway to me, but certainly looks higher than normal.

asmara0208 21:21 PM 26 Oct 12

Reckon Octal's right. Well done

asmara0208 21:23 PM 26 Oct 12

Found this 4th photo

octal 21:24 PM 26 Oct 12

I know the pub, it is still there, the station is now South Woodford Underground station, it was formally the GNER, just a bit of useless information.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know