Identification Longshot and Talking Point 716

Brumas 20:59 PM 24 Aug 12

Good Evening All.

Because I do listen and take onboard words of wisdom from all those who cudgel the old grey cells on a Friday night I now think it is about time I revised the criteria needed to obtain a Well Done as I feel, in some instances, I have been awarding them too lightly.

As we all know the Well Done cannot be bought, inveigled or even replicated and is much sought after, more so than a Gold Medal in the 100 metres but I now feel it should only be awarded for a Complete Identification.

If I post a view of a particular building, street or view etc, identifying just the town will only merit a brand new and hitherto unknown Good Call. Only on naming the actual street, building or view etc will elicit the much prized, prestigious Well Done ;o}

Unless specifically requested, clues will not be given until just after 23:00hrs - that’s if I remember of course ;o}}

All this could change of course depending on what mood I am in, after all “I am just a fickle, stupid human being with a poor memory and a great gift for self deprecation” my apologies for plagierizing and rewriting a Suzanne Collins quote.

Feel free to offer your two penn’orth!

Bearing all that in mind I thought I would start off with an easy one ;o}

click here

john bunyan 21:02 PM 24 Aug 12

The Phoenix United Mines Liskeard, North Cornwall?

john bunyan 21:04 PM 24 Aug 12

Here Phoenix

Macscouse 21:05 PM 24 Aug 12

it's de mill on de 'ill

Brumas 21:06 PM 24 Aug 12

john bunyan, Well Done I was hoping this would run longer so more could read my pearls of wisdom,bearing that in mind I shall not green-tick it.

john bunyan 21:07 PM 24 Aug 12

May be absent on the Fri after 18th Sep as a second, bigger, op looms. New rules fine!

Nontek 21:08 PM 24 Aug 12

Tin mine Cornwall.

sidecar sid 21:11 PM 24 Aug 12

The prince of Wales shaft no less!Well done

Aitchbee 21:14 PM 24 Aug 12

Brumas, I hope you were sitting down when you made that speech.I had to go and put the kettle on...I thought it was an advert :o)

Brumas 21:17 PM 24 Aug 12

john bunyan You'll be fine - it's my birthday :o}

Brumas 21:18 PM 24 Aug 12

Aitchbee That made me chuckle ;o}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued