Identification Longshot and Talking Point 697

Brumas 20 Jul 12
Answered

Good Evening All.

Two bites of the cherry ;o}

click here

Aitchbee 20 Jul 12

...possibly in England ... the situation of the GPO pole is the clue.

canarieslover 20 Jul 12

Well it seems that the Morris Minor is a Great Yarmouth area registration so I will go for that. Mind you he may well be on holiday somewhere else.

Brumas 20 Jul 12

canarieslover it is in Norfolk but you need to go north west.

Aitchbee 20 Jul 12

...the dark patch on the road, possible a newly tarred-over cable installation (running parallel to the road in both views) suggests to me that we are looking up and down the same thoroughfare...

Nontek 20 Jul 12

Peterborough area, only guessing as per vehicle registration!

Brumas 20 Jul 12

Aitchbee quite possibly, however as the caption of the top one is 'The Crossroads' and not named we cannot be sure.

Brumas 20 Jul 12

Nontek, Peterborough is just over 40 miles away and in a different county ;o}

canarieslover 20 Jul 12

I used to navigate for a rally driver in that area in the late 60's and early 70's but it was always during the night and my eyes were on the maps so I didn't take in much of the scenery. Not too sure, but Wells next the sea fits into the go North West instruction.

Nontek 20 Jul 12

Brumas

I know, I posted before I saw Norfolk mentioned.

Brumas 20 Jul 12

canarieslover, now navigate in a south westerly direction ;o}

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Wimbledon 2015 live online: follow the tennis from your laptop or PC

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message