Identification Longshot and Talking Point 1424

Brumas 22:53 25 Sep 15

Good Evening All

This is A GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD unposted and with no clues on the back.

Brumas 23:05 25 Sep 15

I'm turning in now Folks, G'Night All.

Govan1x 23:52 25 Sep 15

Just reminded me of RAF Cranwell.Maybe before it was turned into a training area.

Quickbeam 06:54 26 Sep 15

It's the sort of building that would have become an asylum between the wars when the resident family could no longer afford to keep it up.

Just like the current Downton Abbey storyline...

Brumas 09:07 26 Sep 15

The occupants were obviously very sporty - four tennis courts and what are those three long,low buildings to the east?

Nontek 11:42 26 Sep 15

If they were tennis courts, I would have expected to see high fencing around each court, especially at the end near the buildings with lots of windows!

Perhaps a Military establishment of some sort, the building at bottom left corner looks like a Guardroom, with high-up small Cell windows.

Or a Prison?

Brumas 12:35 26 Sep 15

* Nontek*, I must admit that small wing with smaller windows had me thinking along similar lines.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:34 26 Sep 15

Perhaps a hospital / Convalescence home?

Brumas 17:27 26 Sep 15

* Fruit Bat /\0/*, could be, but what the heck are those 3 low rectangular buildings to the east?

Dragon_Heart 18:00 26 Sep 15

I think Fruit Bat may be onto something, the 'tennis courts' could be simplified badminton courts.

The three low buildings remind me of open sided bunkers. The markings on the area to the right look interesting but the photo resolution is too low to get any real answers about them.

Dragon_Heart 22:18 27 Sep 15

Had a think overnight, they could be disused tennis courts if the photo was taken during or just after the war as the metal would have been taken for the war effort.

Could those 'bunkers' be for golf practice with the marks to the right being target greens ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…