Identification Longshot and Talking Point 1227

Brumas2 22:29 21 Nov 14
Answered

Good Evening All

This is A GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD in that it gives the name of one of the churches but not the actual location. It is postally unused so no clues to be had.

click here

Woolwell 22:33 21 Nov 14

Chesterfield?

Brumas 22:37 21 Nov 14

I thought that spire looked wooden and a bit twisted too but I can't seem to place another church in the near vicinity.

john bunyan 23:07 21 Nov 14

St Mary's and Holy Trinity Chesterfield

Holy Trinity

St Mary's Cathedral

Brumas 23:10 21 Nov 14

Woolwell,Good Call for Chesterfield.

Brumas 23:10 21 Nov 14

john bunyan,Well Done, looks right to me.

Belatucadrus 23:54 21 Nov 14

I don't agree the spire on the painting is way more elaborate than St Marys Chesterfield even allowing for artistic license, it looks more like Salisbury Cathedral (Cathedral of Saint Mary) but even that isn't quite right. How about St Walburge Preston for the one with the steeple ?

john bunyan 00:14 22 Nov 14

Belatucadrus

On closer inspection you are right - not Chesterfield. The sculpture at the base of the spire is not right. Yours plus St Marks church Preston looks much better.

St Marks Preston.

Brumas - Belatucadrus deserves the "well done"!!!

Woolwell 07:16 22 Nov 14

The church is St Mary

Brumas 09:12 22 Nov 14

Now I am confused!

Brumas 09:19 22 Nov 14

I can place both churches in Preston but cannot get the view of the both of them I need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…