Identification Longshot and Talking Point 1208

Brumas 23:01 24 Oct 14

Good Evening All

Last one tonight is A GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD, unposted so no clues to be had. Definitely one for the night shift ;o}

click here

Woolwell 23:08 24 Oct 14

I'm not sure it is in UK. Could be a lookout post or gun battery at the top.

Brumas 23:20 24 Oct 14

I'm turning in now Folks, G'Night All.

john bunyan 09:30 25 Oct 14

Tried, using Photoshop, to improve the clarity of the image - looks like an observation or lookout. The lady at bottom left gives an idea of the scale.

john bunyan 11:45 25 Oct 14

Jock1e

Would love to try but the DVLA have withdrawn my licence for 2 years following brain surgery.

The "castle" is a mystery; it seems a bit barren and Gibraltar, or maybe the Channel Islands are possible candidates - I have tried "military look outs" etc with no success and have to go out soon. (Wife as chauffeuse ) . This is a hard one.

Woolwell 16:11 25 Oct 14

Fairly sure that it is not Gib as I have spent some time there including a month with the Army.

I have considered further east - India, Yemen or even China.

caccy 16:34 25 Oct 14

If this is an old (1920-75) I would eliminate any Arab country as the woman does not have a headscarf on and is showing too much leg!!.

My first thoughts were somewhere in Asia.

john bunyan 16:48 25 Oct 14

caccy

Maybe, but the "Castle" looks European (design)

john bunyan 16:55 25 Oct 14

Most of the men are in white with white headware..The flag seems not to be the Union flag?

john bunyan 19:00 25 Oct 14

Maybe this is an "unsolved "one? Could it be in a N African country like Morocco or Tunisia where there were "castles" and the dress was more "relaxed"? I have scoured Castles, Observation and Lookout points in Oman, Dubai, Tunisia, Morocco , Aden, Channel Islands and admit defeat for now! The dark men in white with white clothes and headgear are puzzling.

Brumas 12:54 26 Oct 14

Jock1e,

I think you are on the right track. Can I see a chap, not unlike a Sikh soldier, squatting in the field below the bottom building on the right?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009