Identification Longshot and Talking Point 1160

Brumas 23:08 08 Aug 14
Answered

Good Evening All

Hopefully your heads will still be full of images of golf courses from last week so here is another one. THIS IS A GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD from the same source of last week’s one, it is unposted and has no clues!

click here

Brumas 23:22 08 Aug 14

I'm turning in now, G'Night All.

rdave13 23:27 08 Aug 14

It look as a golf links looking at the dunes. So coastal.

Woolwell 10:10 09 Aug 14

It reminds me of a coastal course in Wales which was one of the earlier ILTP cards. However my memory is probably faulty.

Totally unable to join in last night as I was without broadband. Virgin now say the problem is fixed. We shall see but I have had quite severe problems since Tuesday evening. They have offered a refund. In addition I would have been only able to look in on my iPad and solving these puzzles on that is not so good.

Woolwell 16:27 09 Aug 14

Why would the club house have a massive flag pole which is more like a military yard arm? Is that bigger building a barracks?

Brumas 17:31 09 Aug 14

Woolwell the size of the flag pole drew my attention too, and the rather conspicuous vents? on that building.

Woolwell 19:34 09 Aug 14

The large building is rather an odd construction. I thought of armaments but it is too close to the other buildings.

rdave13 20:59 10 Aug 14

Second link shows forbidden but it looks like you've got the right place Jock1e. Great detective work methinks :)

Woolwell 07:03 11 Aug 14

I have been without broadband for 24 hours. Had big problems with it for a week. I'll now be able to look for more background. Jock1e seems to have found the club house. I should know Westward Ho! But I'm not a golfer.

Woolwell 07:03 11 Aug 14

I have been without broadband for 24 hours. Had big problems with it for a week. I'll now be able to look for more background. Jock1e seems to have found the club house. I should know Westward Ho! But I'm not a golfer.

john bunyan 08:29 11 Aug 14

Jock 1e

Like Woolwell, I have had spasmodic broadband recently, but really admire your persistence, well done! I did a "surf negotiation" course at Westward Ho! once, in the mid '50's, based at Fremington, but did not recall that view.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…