Identification Longshot and Talking Point 1147

Brumas2 21:41 25 Jul 14
Answered

Good Evening All

Another nice old jalopy ;o}

click here

john bunyan 21:44 25 Jul 14

Can you recheck the link? Two barefoot guys plus another, several wooden bird cages??

Woolwell 21:47 25 Jul 14

Link is to Merchant Navy in Far East?

Brumas 21:48 25 Jul 14

Ah spot the deliberate mistake.

This is A GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD unposted and nothing on the back. I thought these may be miners, the birds in the cages to test for gas, but they look too clean and are unshod and bare-headed!

john bunyan 21:49 25 Jul 14

Woolwell

Yes - the upper deck of a merchant ship -is that a fire hose behind the men. No sign of a car!!

Aitchbee 21:50 25 Jul 14

Lookin' straight in the face of people is not good Brumas. please be more respectul.

Brumas 21:53 25 Jul 14

I'm losing it tonight, I'm ex-merch and I didn't even think of it. Having said that, I was catering not below decks in the black gang!!

Woolwell 21:56 25 Jul 14

Could be a towing hawser under the wraps behind the men.

rdave13 21:58 25 Jul 14

Why have caged birds on a ship? Is that round hole, in the background, a porthole?

Brumas 22:02 25 Jul 14

rdave13 you'd be surprised at some of the 'pets' I have seen on board some of the ships I have been in!!

Woolwell 22:05 25 Jul 14

Caged birds as pets are not unusual at sea. I knew one RN ship which had a parrot.

Looks very much like a porthole although RN ones tended to be circular rather oblong. Hence may be a merchant ship. Bare feet is unusual but I. Wonder if these are divers?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac