Identification Longshot and Talking Point 1135

Brumas 23:01 04 Jul 14
Answered

Good Evening All

This is a GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD, unposted and no clues on the back. What are these machines, are they some type of loom or am I completely wrong?

click here

john bunyan 23:14 04 Jul 14

Too late for me - Goodnight. Hope night shift finds it. This weeks PC's were tough!!

Brumas 23:27 04 Jul 14

john bunyan,This weeks PC's were tough!! about time 'n' all ;o} G'Night

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:32 04 Jul 14

Are they rifle bullets in that basket?

First thought was cigarette machine but the basket made me change my mind.

Ex plorer 08:06 05 Jul 14

Looks like bobbing holders for cottons and wools in the basket so maybe they are bobbing machines. I have seen these they are pointed at one end and widen over about six inches in length. [see here1

Ex plorer 08:18 05 Jul 14

Hi this should be better this is a better link to the many styles of bobbins that were made, I have seen them made into skipping ropes.

Woolwell 09:45 05 Jul 14

I don't think that we have any chance of getting a location. It looks like part of a mill with bobbins in the basket. The card is a photo of 3 probably senior workers at a mill and was printed as a postcard but not for sale. It has found its way out of someone's photo collection.

Brumas 10:17 05 Jul 14

Finding the exact location I would think is virtually impossible but at least we are getting a picture of what is happening.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:06 05 Jul 14

I have worked lathes that have very similar controls as in the picture but not with the guards or package parts with the white material (cotton / wool ?).

Woolwell 16:12 05 Jul 14

Wonder if it is anything to do with a wool mill? See Old wool making image

Woolwell 16:17 05 Jul 14

Or linen?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…