Identification longshot - number 2

Brumas 16:31 27 Feb 07

A little harder this time! I can see the staff are making aeroplane propellers and the uniformed officer looks British – any ideas as to where or when or whatever?

Again the back of the postcard is blank as it is unused.

[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

Curio 17:06 27 Feb 07

is the fact it looks like the WW1 period

recap 17:10 27 Feb 07

For information purpose, you only need copy and paste the URL in a posting here, there is no need to do [url][/url] tagging.

Woolwell 17:11 27 Feb 07

I would guess before 1918 and the formation of the RAF. British Army uniform and propellors leads me to that guess.

Addlestone? click here

Woolwell 17:22 27 Feb 07

Definintely not the Ebora factory click here

Women working is unsual at that time.

Woolwell 17:38 27 Feb 07

Judging by the change of shade on the propellers it would seem that the ends are possibly metal the propellers could be for the Bristol Fighter
click here

Watchful 17:54 27 Feb 07

Munitions factory, WWI period but don't know where...yet!

Bingalau 18:03 27 Feb 07

I've just had a go at sticking the photo in Photoshop and trying to bring up the poster on the wall (left side of the picture) But I can't make it readable. Maybe there is an expert in Photoshop who can do just that. I would say it is not WW2 because there are no paper strips on the glazing. No gas masks to be seen at all in the area either. Clothing styles look to be WW1 era I would think. ..Bingalau..

Bingalau 18:14 27 Feb 07

Woolwell. Didn't the RAF keep using Army uniform for a while after they were formed? If so this man could well be RAF. One of the other gents looks like he has a typical WW1 type moustache. The building itself doesn't look big enough to be a munitions factory. ..Bingalau..

Watchful 18:21 27 Feb 07

It does look like a smallish joinery factory to me; perhaps commissioned to make the propellors.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:28 27 Feb 07

try click here they should beable to help.

Propellors click here

bottom of page for differnt props.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…