"I’D RATHER GO TO JAIL THAN WORK"

Quickbeam 08:42 03 Nov 10

click here- I'm speechless!

In my world he would rather do 100 hours community service a week for five months than go to one of my jails...

jack 09:11 03 Nov 10

Chain Gangs.
Go to jail and then made to do the unpaid work in the community under strict supervision and back to jail .

johndrew 10:56 03 Nov 10

Perhaps the re-opening of Dartmoor Prison and the reintroduction of a 'hard labour' sentence would stimulate an element into not only considering the way they behave but provide an improved way in which prison is viewed by some.

Kevscar1 11:14 03 Nov 10

Take away all the goodies, feed them the minmum, no visits hard labour. Then 24hr jail TV. I'm a con please don't let me get sent back here.
Might put some people off wanting or not caring if they are sent to prison

Uboat 11:31 03 Nov 10

You should see his "WALL" on his Facebook account! simply type his name in and its the top one him with a friend in the pic! speaks volumes!

Woolwell 11:35 03 Nov 10

Unfortunate ad in the middle of the Express article.

Dartmoor prison is still a prison.

johndrew 14:14 03 Nov 10

"Dartmoor prison is still a prison."

But is it used as it was 50 years ago when those sent there were punished? I doubt it.

Slightly off topic, did anyone hear/see the interview on BBC with the human form that had taken the UK to the Court of Human Rights because he wasn`t allowed to vote whilst doing time after killing someone?

Uboat 16:16 03 Nov 10

Johndrew, was that the guy from Hull? i saw him talking..

johndrew 17:06 03 Nov 10

A candidate for my idea of punishment if ever I saw one!!!

rickf 17:32 03 Nov 10

Amazing!! One wonders why this country has such a bad reputation re work. Foreign nationals would not say this openly to English people but behind closed doors the general attitude to work of the English youth are a laughing stock. It's about time this changes.

spuds 17:42 03 Nov 10

I mentioned something very similar in another posting the other day. One of our local characters 'demanded' that the courts gave him a prison sentence, because he wasn't prepared for or going to do anything else. In this case he will get free accommodation, food and leisure time. But I suppose it will keep him off the streets till next time, all at public expense.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5