"I’D RATHER GO TO JAIL THAN WORK"

Quickbeam 08:42 03 Nov 10

click here- I'm speechless!

In my world he would rather do 100 hours community service a week for five months than go to one of my jails...

jack 09:11 03 Nov 10

Chain Gangs.
Go to jail and then made to do the unpaid work in the community under strict supervision and back to jail .

johndrew 10:56 03 Nov 10

Perhaps the re-opening of Dartmoor Prison and the reintroduction of a 'hard labour' sentence would stimulate an element into not only considering the way they behave but provide an improved way in which prison is viewed by some.

Kevscar1 11:14 03 Nov 10

Take away all the goodies, feed them the minmum, no visits hard labour. Then 24hr jail TV. I'm a con please don't let me get sent back here.
Might put some people off wanting or not caring if they are sent to prison

Uboat 11:31 03 Nov 10

You should see his "WALL" on his Facebook account! simply type his name in and its the top one him with a friend in the pic! speaks volumes!

Woolwell 11:35 03 Nov 10

Unfortunate ad in the middle of the Express article.

Dartmoor prison is still a prison.

johndrew 14:14 03 Nov 10

"Dartmoor prison is still a prison."

But is it used as it was 50 years ago when those sent there were punished? I doubt it.

Slightly off topic, did anyone hear/see the interview on BBC with the human form that had taken the UK to the Court of Human Rights because he wasn`t allowed to vote whilst doing time after killing someone?

Uboat 16:16 03 Nov 10

Johndrew, was that the guy from Hull? i saw him talking..

johndrew 17:06 03 Nov 10

A candidate for my idea of punishment if ever I saw one!!!

rickf 17:32 03 Nov 10

Amazing!! One wonders why this country has such a bad reputation re work. Foreign nationals would not say this openly to English people but behind closed doors the general attitude to work of the English youth are a laughing stock. It's about time this changes.

spuds 17:42 03 Nov 10

I mentioned something very similar in another posting the other day. One of our local characters 'demanded' that the courts gave him a prison sentence, because he wasn't prepared for or going to do anything else. In this case he will get free accommodation, food and leisure time. But I suppose it will keep him off the streets till next time, all at public expense.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…