Iconic ride is to be dismantled

peter99co 16:21 02 Oct 08

Did you ever have a ride on this?
Or was this to tame?

click here

ventanas 16:22 02 Oct 08

Not exactly the best place to be sick is it?
I would certainly have been so if I had been anywhere near that.

Forum Editor 16:36 02 Oct 08

than go on any kind of roller-coaster.

Legolas 18:14 02 Oct 08

Ditto

Quickbeam 18:17 02 Oct 08

I went on a roller coaster once...

laurie53 20:32 02 Oct 08

Used to love them.

The last time I went on one was when I decided I was getting old, not actually while still on it, but during my second restorative brandy!

pchelper001 20:39 02 Oct 08

I rode on this only the other day! 'Twas brilliant, but if i had known the age of the thing i would have been put off a bit!

Si_L 20:58 02 Oct 08

When I was little I cried on this rollercoaster. I never got to go on it, I queued for almost 2 hours with my dad, and we were two from the front of the line and it broke down.

Traumatic childhood memories...

I went on it finally last year ago and I wasn't that impressed. Alton Towers has a handful of far better rides.

TopCat® 21:07 02 Oct 08

I have no doubt that the replacement machine to be built in its place will be more thrilling and spectacular than before. Won't get me on it though!! :o) TC.

Joe R 21:07 02 Oct 08

Got to admit, I love roller coasters, and have done for around 40 years now

I have been on the corkscrew a few times, and thought it was all right, the best in Britain (imho) is still the "Pepsi Max" on Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

Strawballs 22:36 02 Oct 08

I went on this one when it was first opened a group of us rode our motorbikes up from Portsmouth and got there for when the park opened and stayed there untill we were kicked out at the end of the day.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…