ICE do you guys know about this?

Pooke 14:39 12 Jul 05

I got this in an email:

Got a mobile phone or two in the houshold ? then read on.....

East Anglian Ambulance Service have; launched a national "In case of Emergency (ICE)" campaign with the support of Falklands war hero Simon Weston and in association with Vodafone's annual life savers award.

The idea is that you store the word "ICE" in your mobile phone address book, and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be contacted "In Case of Emergency".
In an emergency situation ambulance and hospital staff will then be able to quickly find out who your next of kin are and be able to contact them.

It's so simple - everyone can do it.

Please do.

Please will you also forward this to everybody in your address book, it won't take too many forwards' before everybody will know about this.

It really could save your life.

Stay safe.

igk 15:44 12 Jul 05

Its on another thread here:
click here

Pooke 16:32 12 Jul 05

That's why I didn't find it in the archives, I searched for ICE rather than I.C.E.

Danoh 16:56 12 Jul 05

I got a few emails about it as well. Its also on the BBC site click here

I guess if you have your mobile on your belt or person, it would help.

Forum Editor 17:43 12 Jul 05

by now - I've had at least a dozen emails in the past 48 hours.

patsyanne 18:35 13 Jul 05

For more than one contact name ICE1, ICE2, ICE3 etc

stalion 19:23 13 Jul 05

ice see

georgemac © 06:56 14 Jul 05

good idea - I've only had one email, don't mind getting repeated mails if it's for a good cause.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…