Ice-Cooled Computer Cooler breaks zero temperature

Londoner1 22:52 04 Jun 06

Ice-Cooled Computer Cooler breaks zero, 0.00c, temperature barrier

I am pleased to report that I have been able to lower the temperature of the primary cooling element of Ice-cooled Computer Cooler (ICCC) to exactly –31.00c but didn’t dare to apply it because of condensation issue. But after raising the temperature of the primary cooling element of Ice-Cooled Computer Cooler to –2.00c, I applied it to cool my computer’s CPU, p4 2.80ghz. The internal temperature, core, of CPU reached to as low as 7.50c and the temperature of heat sink, in this case waterblock, reached to as low as 2.50c. As soon as I develop a proper means to deal with condensation issue, I will use Ice-Cooled Computer Cooler at –31.00c to cool down my computer.

Wait a minute!!! But I said: ‘Ice-Cooled Computer Cooler breaks zero, 0.00c, temperature barrier.’

Yes, that is right. In theory Ice-Cooled Computer Cooler can lower CPU’s operating core temperature to as low as –18.00c when the primary cooling element is at
-31.00c. This is based on the following observation:

Before adding primary cooling element at -2.00c, the existing primary cooling element inside Ice-Cooled Computer Cooler was 27.00c and the core temperature of CPU was 33.00c under normal load. When the primary cooling element at –2.00c added, the temperature of Ice-Cooled Computer Cooler came down by 27 + (-2) = 29.00c to become –2.00c. The core temperature of CPU came down by 33 – 7.5 = 25.5 to become 7.50c. So we have reduced CPU’s core temperature by 25.50c for a price of reducing the temperature of Ice-Cooled Computer Cooler by 29.00c. But we can reduce the primary cooling element to –31.00 or cooler by another 29.00c. This means we can lower the temperature of Ice-Cooled Computer Cooler by another 29.00c after –2.00c to –31.00c. This implies that the core temperature of CPU can be lowered by another 25.5 from 7.50c or to 25.5 – 7.5 = 18 or –18.00c.

Ice-Cooled Computer Cooler is my own intellectual property. I designed it to improve the existing computer water-cooling systems. It creates internal inward pressure, which prevents leaking. It can break room temperature barrier and in theory it can break zero, 0.00c, temperature barrier. It can be used for spot cooling or general cooling or both.

For the story behind the conception of ICCC, please visit my site at:

click here

Sorry! The site has not been updated for a while.

wee eddie 23:08 04 Jun 06

For things metal and mechanical the freezing point of water, Zero degrees Celsius, is of absolutely no importance.

Now if you could reach 341' below Zero Celsius, there might be some point in your machinations.

I am sure that kit is very neat and a triumph of technology, but really of very doubtful use.

There is the possibility that I have misinterpreted the information about Conductivity, and for that matter, Superconductivity that I have read in the past.

I know that it is hard to remove the heat created by use and the kit appears most impressive, but to what advantage.

wee eddie 23:13 04 Jun 06

Of course it's -273'C not 341' as I suggested

martjc 23:18 04 Jun 06 those overclockie people. As wee eddie says, the zero Celsius is of little consequence. What is important is that you have apparently found a way to really CHILL OUT the system! Don't concentrate on barriers. It looks like you have a good idea there!

DieSse 10:13 05 Jun 06

The minimum case temperature for Pentium4 processors (up to date types) is 5ºC - this would give a higher processor temperature than your device.

So you're planning to run the processor outside it's specified range, which is not only unnecessary, but possibly fault-inducing, and certainly would invalidate the warranty.

The processor will get hot internally ç(it can't avoid doing that) - too low a temperature on the outside of the processor package may make the packaging materials unstable and/too lead to too high temperature differences in the interior - thus leading to premature failures.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:09 05 Jun 06

-190C and running at 5GHz click here

DrScott 17:35 05 Jun 06

I remember this thread not running well last time this chap posted about his ice-cooled computer. I have really no idea why Londoner is posting again - looking for sponsorship?

In anycase, Gandalf, the purpose of such cooling is to get the CPU to run faster and more stably. OCs like the challenge of ragging pentium CPUS. Apparently it's fun.

More seriously, gamers can squeeze a few more fps (though mainly on the more CPU intensive games), and for me (if the cooling system is quiet) is the possibility of having a high end system that doesn't make a racket when running at full throttle!

Mr Mistoffelees 19:05 05 Jun 06

Unless you are into extreme overclocking it all seems rather pointless.

VoG II 19:28 05 Jun 06

-273.15 °C actually ;o)

Oh, and you cannot actually get that low - paraphrasing the third law of thermodynamics.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:41 05 Jun 06

click here

The lowest manmade temperature achieved so far is 450 picokelvin. It was achieved by a team of scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technologu in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA: A.E. Leanhardt, T.A. Pasquini, M. Saba, A. Schirotzek, Y. Shin, D. Kielpinski, D.E. Pritchard and W. Ketterle. The results were published in Science magazine on September 12, 2003."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…