Ice-Cooled Computer Cooler at 1.5c

Londoner1 10:03 15 Mar 06

Ice-Cooled Computer Cooler at 1.5c

I am pleased to report that I have developed
a href=”click here”>Ice-Cooled Computer Cooler /a> further to a stage, where the temperature of the cooling element comes down to as low as 1.5 centigrade. I have not yet applied it to my computer and I am hopping to apply it within the next two weeks.

rmcqua 10:36 15 Mar 06

I don't want to appear too skeptical, but why would I want an ice-cooled (presumably expensive?) CPU cooler, when my 3.2 GHz P4, overclocked to 3.85GHz, runs happily at 29 deg.C in a room ambient of
20 deg C ?

amonra 14:40 15 Mar 06

Hope you've got a tray underneath to catch all the condensation !!!!

zarobian 16:37 15 Mar 06

I think HD at 1.5C will not boot up. It needs to be at appropriate temprature to reach the spin speed and enable the heads to read and write.

I may be wrong but my experience with Main Frams computer is so.

ed-0 16:49 15 Mar 06

With a little liquid nitrogen. click here

octal 18:50 15 Mar 06

A Peltier device will do the job nicely, which is basically a heat pump click here

Londoner1 21:25 15 Mar 06

I have already found away to deal with the condensation. When I apply it to my computer I try my way to deal with the condensation. If my way didn't work I have to go for the tray.

I have calculated the cost of the first model. All parts cost retail price. Only one or two parts completely used, the rest a little piece of each of them used. Total cost of the parts used is around £15.00. But it has taken me hours to complete it. Obviously when produced by manufacuring process the cost comes down a lot.

Regards

Monument 07:55 16 Mar 06

Following on from zarobian the operating range for Maxtor hard drives is 5 - 55C.

zarobian 08:15 16 Mar 06

Thanks for the info.

Z

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:58 16 Mar 06

OK, I'll ask the obvious question....why would anyone need a computer that runs at 1.5C when they are designed to run at higher temperatures? The only time computers need to be very cold is when they ar running huge number crunching programmes and then they are nitrogen cooled.

G

€dstowe 09:18 16 Mar 06

I see from the we site it is patent pending. Can you give the reference?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017