ICE (In Case of Emergency)

Seth Haniel 11:49 27 Nov 08

We all carry our mobile phones with names and numbers stored in their memories. If we were involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending us would have our mobile phone but would't know who to call. Yes, there are hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of emergency? Hence 'ICE' (In Case of Emegency) Campaign.

The concept of 'ICE' is catching on quickly. As mobile phones ae carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under thr name 'ICE' (In Case of Emergency). The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents there were always mobile phones with patients but they didn'y know which number to call.

In an emergency situation, emergency service personnel and hospital staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialling the number you have stored as 'ICE'.

Bingalau 12:23 27 Nov 08

Seth Haniel.. Good reminder to me as I have used the same method for a couple of years now. But you have reminded me to update my ICE number. Thanks...

tullie 13:32 27 Nov 08

Used it for yonks,good idea

peter99co 14:34 27 Nov 08

I have been emailed many times about this idea.

crosstrainer 14:36 27 Nov 08

What a great idea... How do I go about this?

newman35 14:44 27 Nov 08

Just add a new name "ICE" to your friends list, and then the number of whoever you want contacted.
Just another 'friend' under the name ICE.

crosstrainer 15:17 27 Nov 08

As in "ICE" joe bloggs 2156987?

Seth Haniel 16:04 27 Nov 08

'ICE' (In Case of Emergency) then number2156987

crosstrainer 16:07 27 Nov 08

The joe bloggs was an example!

babybell 16:46 27 Nov 08

Thankfully I dont have any friends called ICE, could get tricky otherwise!

Forum Editor 17:06 27 Nov 08

and to be honest I thought everyone knew about it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…