i7-990X (SIX CORE) 3.46GHz Per Core

Uboat 16:33 15 Feb 11

Last year the i980x was the chip to get & i was told there wasnt going to be a faster chip..closed book end of story outro music kicks in...goodnight...

THEN i see this! click here

Well looks like there is a new baby in town & i intend to save up for one! ive got a quad extreme but its in need of renewing & this is what i would like & IF the price comes down i will have one...fingers crossed...

wiz-king 16:45 15 Feb 11

Why?

OTT_B 16:46 15 Feb 11

Just wait for the 8 core to come out!

Uboat 17:00 15 Feb 11

wiz-king ive always spent lots on hardware i use my pc/s for gamin everyday & i like to push the multi taking on them, i dual core would just not do, & my quad is getting old now, ive got some spare well earned cash..so if you want the best & can afford it "Why not"...as for the 8 core i remember when Quad's first came out & they was software issues, so for now or the next couple of years a quad Extreme is the number...good point though..

Ub

dagbladet 17:00 15 Feb 11

What's up with your current chip?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:03 15 Feb 11

"Just wait for the 8 core to come out!"

I want a quantum computer click here
but might have to settle for a spin computer click here

interzone55 12:02 16 Feb 11

Just to make you jealous I've just ordered a server with 4 x 12-core chips, 256gb RAM and 14 x 256gb SSD drives.

God alone knows how much it'll cost, but I'm not paying the bill...

Uboat 12:46 16 Feb 11

alan..Meaooowww lool im jealous lol

UB

interzone55 20:44 16 Feb 11

Got the invoice late in the afternoon

£50k and it's yours

carver 21:13 16 Feb 11

The only trouble with having a Quantum computer that really works is that as soon as you switch it on it decides it doesn't want to be in that place and goes some where else.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:17 16 Feb 11

Yes but saves a lot of space as it isn't really there until you look at it.

:0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…