I want this word banned!

Sapins 08:58 22 Dec 06

Every single programme I watch or listen to, with the exception of the news, and that will soon be affected, is littered with the word "fantastic".
It is driving me mad, can they not find an alternative? Just count the number of times it is used during a programme, any programme.

anskyber 09:07 22 Dec 06

You can add "cool" and "enjoy" to the list as far as I am concerned.

Diemmess 09:14 22 Dec 06

Amazing! D'yanowotamine?

Probabilitydrive 09:18 22 Dec 06

'Fabulous' ..I could wring the persons Gregory..

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:36 22 Dec 06

"Er you know"

Barnstaple boy 11:22 22 Dec 06

Strange how things that come around go around isn't it. We were using a lot of the current "in" words like cool, guys,awesome etc etc in the fifties, sixties and seventies. There's nothing new under the sun now. It's all been a happening thing before man. I wonder when flaired trousers will surface yet again as something new? Innovation is a thing of the past.

alB 11:32 22 Dec 06

"flaired trousers"..Soon I hope, I've still got a couple of pairs lurking at the back of the wardrobe (the five button waistband variety), as for words that annoy...footballers (mainly) being interviewed seem to add the word "obviously" to nearly every sentence they speak ...alB

Rigor mortis 12:27 22 Dec 06

Brilliant.Gorgeous and their variants Brill! and Gorrgeeous!

skeletal 12:57 22 Dec 06

My favourite two hate words/expressions are “epicentre” and “quantum leap”.

Skeletal

egapup 13:03 22 Dec 06

Wow what a fantastic thread, absolutely brill, fabulous idea, you must be a real cool dude, amazing, I wish you a brilliant, gorgeous, Chrissymus.

€dstowe 13:13 22 Dec 06

At the end of the day.

What?

BTW:-
Flair:
1. A natural talent or aptitude; a knack: a flair for interior decorating.
2. Instinctive discernment; keenness: a flair for the exotica.
3. Distinctive elegance or style: served us with flair.

Don't you mean flared?
To expand or open outward in shape: a skirt that flares from the waist; nostrils that flared with anger.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple