I Want My Kidney Back

pcmags 16:52 08 Jan 09

A man who donated his kidney to his wife eight years ago now wants it back after she cheated on him and filed for divorce.

Richard Batista from Long Island in New York, US, says he wants the organ back or £2.1m ($1.5m).

The surgeon gave his wife Dawnell the kidney in 2001 after two previous failed transplants.

Organ donation is a gift which means you cannot legally get it back, he explained.

"It's her kidney now and taking the kidney out would mean she would have to go on dialysis or it would kill her," Mr Veatch said.

He insisted no reputable surgeon would perform such a procedure and no court could compel someone to undergo an operation.

tullie 17:03 08 Jan 09

What a moron!

newman35 17:09 08 Jan 09

No, a compo-seeker, pure and simple!

egapup 18:53 08 Jan 09

Fancy cheating on the poor bloke after he gave her a kidney....typical female, probably wants all his money as well.

canarieslover 19:09 08 Jan 09

Well she definitely doesn't want his heart!!!!

Forum Editor 19:12 08 Jan 09

We'll do without any more 'typical female'comments thanks. You have absolutely no idea of the facts of this case, so you're in no position to pass comment.

newman35 19:19 08 Jan 09

Exchange rates are getting bad!

Noldi 11:15 09 Jan 09

I would have thought he would be better of addressing the issues that may have caused her to look else ware. Maybe he just wants to publish the fact that he’s wife has left him.

Noldi

dagnammit 11:26 09 Jan 09

There's an old joke along the same lines as this.

Man gives his wife a blood transfusion to save her.... they end up splitting up later and he demands his blood back.

The wife says "sure, it'll have to be in monthly instalments though".

newman35 11:28 09 Jan 09

From what I read, the wife has left him and is (amongst other things) refusing him access to his three kids and demanding excessive financial settlements - so this appears to possibly be his 'counter-claim'.
But, as is always the case in these divorce matters, there will be no black and white.
Sounds like a bit of organ-isation required!

wee eddie 11:38 09 Jan 09

had something to say on this

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac