I think the Taxman is wonderful

JanetO 14:49 13 Jun 09

I didn't ever believe I'd back the taxman 100%. MP's are to be inestigated for tax avoidance/evasion click here

johndrew 17:07 13 Jun 09

Perhaps this should be extended to the House of Lords, retired MPs, retired bankers and a few others.

Forum Editor 17:09 13 Jun 09

but evasion isn't. The investigations are into allegations of evasion, and there can be pretty severe penalties for anyone caught doing that.

Stuartli 18:17 13 Jun 09

A cheap and unwarranted jibe at the Mail, as many are wont to do.

It's not a new story at all. For instance, see:

click here

click here

Bingalau 18:48 13 Jun 09

I think the Daily Mail is a great newspaper. I like the Letters page and the Answers page, the Sports pages are no different to the other daily rags. So why is it that people on here keep calling the daily Mail all the names under the sun. ("Sun", now there's a rag and a half)If you don't like the Daily Mail then don't read it. "Simple" as that rat/mole or whatever it is keeps telling us on the TV.

dagnammit 18:57 13 Jun 09

You mean that cute little Meerkat?

Forum Editor 19:33 13 Jun 09

It announced the fact over a month ago, when a spokesperson said (of the revelations about second homes being claimed as first homes for tax purposes): "Once these declarations were made public, we began to examine them to ensure that MPs have paid the right tax."

Forum Editor 19:35 13 Jun 09

The Mail is certainly a widely-read newspaper. Whether that classes it as 'great' is debatable. It's popular, but then so is Benidorm.

Strawballs 19:41 13 Jun 09

The Mail is fine as long as you are a blinkered tory

laurie53 20:08 13 Jun 09

Since most of the stuff our leaders have been doing is exempt from tax, and they are the ones who made it it so, any fish the Revenue catch are likely to be very small ones or very stupid ones.

rdave13 20:40 13 Jun 09

That might catch a lot then....
Would catch even more if 'greedy' was added to your list.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…