I think I'll stick with Spam

iambeavis 18:35 17 Jan 10

At £257.14 a kilo it must make one heck of a sandwich! click here

Quickbeam 00:38 18 Jan 10

How much is the vegie version?

Chegs ®™ 07:10 18 Jan 10

This ham might have an "melt-in-the-mouth texture" but as a smoker,I wouldn't be able to distinguish it from a packet of processed rubbish costing 50p.So I to will continue to chomp on spam until I finally succeed in quitting smoking. :)

Hercule Marple 09:52 18 Jan 10

Re. SPAM

I like me SPAM Lite, but it's £1.88 a tin in Morrisons and Asda atm. Getting very expensive imo.

iambeavis 11:51 18 Jan 10

It would be a terrible thing if you made a sandwich with it and, whilst you were in the cupboard getting the Maille Moutarde de Dijon,the dog ate it.

OTT_B 12:35 18 Jan 10

I stopped eating pork products about 6 years ago. I did have some bacon about 3 years ago - it just tasted like salt. Thing i'll steer clear of this and go for some kobe beef instead. Yumm!

Graham. 23:52 18 Jan 10

Kobe beef eh? 'The cattle are fed a beer a day, and they are massaged with sake daily' from Wikipedia.

Forum Editor 23:58 18 Jan 10

but when you think about the amount of care taken from breeding right through to the curing, it is actually amazing value."

I don't personally think that £1800 for a leg of ham is actually amazing value, I think it's an outrageous price for meat that comes from a pig that was allowed to roam over fields eating acorns and roots.

Acorns and roots don't strike me as particularly expensive pig food - the people who buy this ham must be those things beginning with 'F' who are easily parted from their money.

OTT_B 00:47 19 Jan 10

That's the one. I've never heard of sake massages? There's a few places in the UK that sell it, but orders tend to have to be placed months in advance. It does cost a penny or two as well! Tastes good though :)

Quickbeam 04:52 19 Jan 10

I'll be the one to post the obvious link then... click here

Now available with the permission of Monty Python:)

Quickbeam 04:53 19 Jan 10

Sorry...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009