I take it that nobody was overawed with the budget...

Quickbeam 10:00 AM 21 Mar 13

Well I for one will be at least £2 a year better off with the penny off beer tax.

rickf 11:15 AM 21 Mar 13

1p off a pint. Got to be joking!! It's just politics. If he really wanted the house market to get going he should have up the threshold from 250,000 to say 270000 or even 300,000. Then 3% from 250,000 upwards is a JOKE.

Aitchbee 11:42 AM 21 Mar 13

I was slightly overawed [oxymoron] at the helluva big ever-changing deficit number that filled the whole length of the bigscreen on sky TV down at my local ... astronomical figures!

PS. I'll have to drink a hundred pints of beer to save a pound ... !!!

Aitchbee 11:50 AM 21 Mar 13

... and I'm teatotal, to boot.

Bing.alau 11:56 AM 21 Mar 13

Aitchbee. Does that mean you only drink tea?

Quickbeam 12:01 PM 21 Mar 13

I don't think that's totally true...

Aitchbee 12:02 PM 21 Mar 13

Bing.lau - only if the T is in a pint glass and is Ice-cold. [Tennants brew is me favourite].

Quickbeam 12:10 PM 21 Mar 13

Tetley make teabeer.

Aitchbee 12:13 PM 21 Mar 13

QB - I'm willing to compromise ... if needs be ;o]

Al94 12:15 PM 21 Mar 13

Who actually expects a pint to fall by 1p at their local?

fourm member 12:17 PM 21 Mar 13

Let me begin by saying I do not like Ed Miliband just so my comments can be seen against that background.

That said, I failed to see what the point was of going on about Osborne's train ticket and being booed at the Paralympics when what I wanted to hear was how things could be done differently.

We're in a perilous position when we have a government that can't seem to make progress in addressing the major problems and an opposition that is simply a joke.

Because I have a twisted mind, I think the 1p off beer is a stalking horse. There's been plenty of reaction saying it makes very little difference. I wonder what those voices will say when the government announces its plans regarding reducing problem alcohol consumption through minimum unit pricing or some other means.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone