I sometimes wish we had an edit button

norman47 22:41 08 Jul 04

How many times have you posted a reply and though.

That bits wrong, I did not mean it to sound like that, my grammar is rubbish and my spell checker never picked up that.

I wish I could nip back and edit that.

If like me, it's quite a lot. :-(

kev.Ifty 22:45 08 Jul 04

LAODS Of tIme s

dooh.......
:~}

Kev

Pesala 22:52 08 Jul 04

Those were the days. Not even a backspace key.

kev.Ifty 22:55 08 Jul 04

how do you remove it from the screen?

norman47 23:00 08 Jul 04

Yes they do still amke Tippex, but you can't have any> ibuy the lot for me writing of letters.

Drat I've tipex on the screen again.

Forum Editor 23:45 08 Jul 04

type up your deathless prose in a Word processor first - then cut and paste it into the forum when you're happy with it, and have spell-checked it?

We're not going to provide any edit facilities I'm afraid, any extra gizmos just increase the load on the server.

stlucia 14:00 09 Jul 04

You may be joking but I remember one typist, when we first got PCs at work in the early 80s (I think), complained that when she printed her documents all her tippexed mistakes still came out.

pj123 15:24 09 Jul 04

I agree with the FE. If I have a fairly substantial response I use a wordprocessor and copy and paste. If it is short, I read it back to myself before hitting the "Post Response" button. Lkei tihs one.

Diemmess 16:13 11 Jul 04

... Nor all thy tears nor piety nor wit can call it back to cancel half a line" (Omar Khyam)

Have you noticed how little attention is paid to comments in earlier replies if there is a long post?

The more the worse. While it remains a serious thread, and it were possible to back-track, it might make a lot of answers almost meaningless.

For my small intelect, leave things as they are.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…