I should think so, Shame on them

peter99co 13:12 17 Jun 08

I would think this Garage may regret they did this in the first place.

click here

I asked a policeman for a direction to a garage and he told me to drive past the first and use the second because he though the first was ripping people off. This guy may find drivers who have long memories and do the same thing in the future.

Quickbeam 13:54 17 Jun 08

if his customers abandon him when the panic is over. Several retailers went bust after the 2000 fuel crisis as they saw this kind of pricing as pure profiteering.

In the '72 fuel crisis, quite a few garages had a £5 minimum spend policy to ration fuel. At the time £5 would buy half a tank, so no-one would go to the garage unless they could get half a tank in... it worked well.

Stuartli 14:16 17 Jun 08
  Stuartli 14:17 17 Jun 08

Sorry, similar piece.

Stuartli 14:17 17 Jun 08

Sorry, similar piece.

Cymro. 16:29 17 Jun 08

There are some who would use the old capitalist argument of supply and demand to justify such price hikes.

No not me, I just hope the garage concerned loose more than they gain by it.

Earthsea 16:38 17 Jun 08

I saw this on the local news, and the garage owner claimed it was to prevent panic buying and ensure only those who needed it most would buy it.

So not to make a quick buck, then.

Cymro. 16:49 17 Jun 08

I hope the customers of the garage concerned have a very long memory and show their disapproval by never going anywhere near the place again.

Earthsea 17:04 17 Jun 08

I think you're probably right. This was first reported on the lunchtime local news yesterday, and after the report the newsreader said they had just learned that the prices had dropped back. I don't think the owner anticipated the amount of publicity it would attract, and will now be regretting it.

ened 17:09 17 Jun 08

On the local news the proprietor also said he was giving customers a voucher towards the cost of an MOT.

Whoopy- doo!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…