I seek a better way of cleaning the Stair Carpet

wee eddie 15:34 19 Apr 08

I currently have a Dyson DC04 , but the length of the pipe within the hose makes cleaning so difficult that I have reverted to a dustpan with a stiff brush.

Any good ideas will be investigated ~ I tried a little handheld called, I think, a Dust Buster. Its suction was lamentable.

anskyber 15:51 19 Apr 08

Ah.

This brings forward to old debate about upright cleaners and cylinder cleaners.

I sit very much in the cylinder cleaner camp for the very reason it is easier to clean stairs.

Forum Editor 15:52 19 Apr 08

click here

Stretches to six times its own length, according to Dyson.

Stuartli 16:18 19 Apr 08

Buy a Sebo X1 Extra - German build quality rather than Dyson fall apart and not only is it a very powerful upright with allergy filtering, it comes with an impressively long stair cleaning extension hose.

See:

click here

or, for a cylinder type, the Which? best buy Miele S4281 (best suction on all types of surface rating).

rawprawn 16:21 19 Apr 08

I can personally recommend this one "The Hunter" By Home Tek click here
It will reach all your stairs (6 Meter cord)and it will suck the carpet off the floor if you are not careful. We bought ours at Lakeland and my wife swears by it.

wee eddie 18:05 19 Apr 08

Part of the problem with the Dyson, which is brilliant on the carpets etc, is the Extension Tube which has a fixed pipe of about 3' making Stairs very difficult.

The HT807 sounds ideal.

wee eddie 18:10 19 Apr 08

so, still open to any other brilliant ideas

Bingalau 19:36 19 Apr 08

wee eddie. I found Dyson cleaners to be poor at most things, (All fur coat and no knickers comes to mind). Stuartli's suggestion is good. But why not get a couple of your "Curling Team Friends" to bring their brooms or Bosoms or whatever they are called and do it the old fashioned way. Sweep the stairs down.... Any spelling mistakes have been left in so that Brumas can pull me to pieces...

wee eddie 07:36 20 Apr 08

The Dyson is very much better than the Hoover it replaced, but is not perfect.

It is definitely better at picking up cat's hairs and general rubbish that my flat seems to collect, but is somewhat unwieldy.

wee eddie 13:26 20 Apr 08

What a Star.

I didn't know that you could do that. I've successfully taken the head and tube off the Flexible hose and will try it on the stairs after lunch.

wee eddie 11:45 21 Apr 08

Stairs now sucked clean in no time at all and with no extra cost.

There was nothing in the literature that suggested that I could remove the whole head mechanism. Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos