I Peaked Too Early!

morddwyd 20:16 PM 18 Dec 11

Being ahead of the game, and starting early I managed to get all my Christmas shopping in early in the month.

Now I'm out of mince pies, sausage rolls and Christmas cake and have to start again!

Aitchbee 21:34 PM 18 Dec 11

Pick yourself up, shake yourself out...and start all over again!

ams4127 22:23 PM 18 Dec 11

A very cunning plan which I shall remember for next year!

Forum Editor 23:14 PM 18 Dec 11

I made a Christmas cake a month ago - yes, me!

I've never made a cake in my life before this,and it's my pride and joy, it's been fed with cognac three times since I made it. Several people have attempted to sample it, but I'm watching it like a hawk.

I admit to trying a few mince pies - we buy them every year from a shop in Notting Hill where they make their own. Not cheap, but they're the best.

Happy second shopping.

Graham* 00:04 AM 19 Dec 11

I note Morrisons have been selling tranklements for Christmas, fresh stuffing wrapped in bacon, roast potatoes, etc., with sell-by dates well before Crimbo. I can only assume they hope no-one will notice.

I nearly bought a Christmas Pudding until I spotted it was one year old.

morddwyd 04:40 AM 19 Dec 11

Christmas puddings only get better with age.

We will buy next year's pudding at next month's sales, and if we can find one already a year old, so much the better.

Quickbeam 08:37 AM 19 Dec 11

"Christmas puddings only get better with age."

To a point, then even a pudding will go off with mold just like a fine wine can cork eventually. Around 6 months is the optimum necessary maturing time.

amonra 10:55 AM 19 Dec 11

What about the sprouts, surely they will be ready by now, or do they need a little bit longer ????

Quickbeam 11:27 AM 19 Dec 11

I hate sprouts only marginally less than Marmite.

Woolwell 12:19 PM 19 Dec 11

Sprouts in season are lovely especially with walnuts.

Aitchbee 12:52 PM 19 Dec 11

Lidl are selling loveley big sprouts grown in East Lothian. £1 for 1kg. I counted 30 whoppers in my purchase...average weight 30g...fantastico!

Suggested served with cooked chopped chestnuts, fried bacon bits and some butter.

The B52's did a song about butter beans.

"Pass me a plateful...I'll be grateful!"

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED