I Peaked Too Early!

morddwyd 18 Dec 11

Being ahead of the game, and starting early I managed to get all my Christmas shopping in early in the month.

Now I'm out of mince pies, sausage rolls and Christmas cake and have to start again!

Aitchbee 18 Dec 11

Pick yourself up, shake yourself out...and start all over again!

ams4127 18 Dec 11

A very cunning plan which I shall remember for next year!

Forum Editor 18 Dec 11

I made a Christmas cake a month ago - yes, me!

I've never made a cake in my life before this,and it's my pride and joy, it's been fed with cognac three times since I made it. Several people have attempted to sample it, but I'm watching it like a hawk.

I admit to trying a few mince pies - we buy them every year from a shop in Notting Hill where they make their own. Not cheap, but they're the best.

Happy second shopping.

Graham* 19 Dec 11

I note Morrisons have been selling tranklements for Christmas, fresh stuffing wrapped in bacon, roast potatoes, etc., with sell-by dates well before Crimbo. I can only assume they hope no-one will notice.

I nearly bought a Christmas Pudding until I spotted it was one year old.

morddwyd 19 Dec 11

Christmas puddings only get better with age.

We will buy next year's pudding at next month's sales, and if we can find one already a year old, so much the better.

Quickbeam 19 Dec 11

"Christmas puddings only get better with age."

To a point, then even a pudding will go off with mold just like a fine wine can cork eventually. Around 6 months is the optimum necessary maturing time.

amonra 19 Dec 11

What about the sprouts, surely they will be ready by now, or do they need a little bit longer ????

Quickbeam 19 Dec 11

I hate sprouts only marginally less than Marmite.

Woolwell 19 Dec 11

Sprouts in season are lovely especially with walnuts.

Aitchbee 19 Dec 11

Lidl are selling loveley big sprouts grown in East Lothian. £1 for 1kg. I counted 30 whoppers in my purchase...average weight 30g...fantastico!

Suggested served with cooked chopped chestnuts, fried bacon bits and some butter.

The B52's did a song about butter beans.

"Pass me a plateful...I'll be grateful!"

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message