I need help to track down an archive clip.

Forum Editor 18:12 12 Feb 09

This may be a futile search, but I'm trying to track down a clip of a street interview that was conducted many years ago in Strabane in County Tyrone. I believe it appeared on TV, and the interviewee was a Strabane working man. He talked so rapidly that the interviewer had to stop him and ask him to slow down, but the result was the same rapid fire speech. The interviewer makes several attempts, without success - it's hilarious, and was shown several times on one of those TV bloomer shows.

I think the original recording must have been made in the 1950's or early '60s - it's in black and white.

I promised to try to find it for a friend of mine who is a TV presenter, but I've failed so far. If anyone remembers seeing the clip, and can tell me any more about it I will be most grateful.

Picklefactory 18:14 12 Feb 09

I remember it, very funny, I think it involved mining.
I'll have a look too.

newman35 18:27 12 Feb 09

Yes, I can still see the guy's face, and hear him, and I also think it was about a strike, and could well have been at a mine.
But hilarious, sorry no further help.

rawprawn 18:36 12 Feb 09

I found a link, but it doesn't work.
click here
Sorry

rawprawn 18:39 12 Feb 09

By the way the link came from click here

Giant68 18:41 12 Feb 09

Was it on something like Nationwide or Bradens Weekly? Or even That's Life?

Giant68

Forum Editor 18:59 12 Feb 09

it's good to know that others remember it, and yes, I also think it was about a labour dispute of some kind.

My friend is with the BBC, so if it was a BBC clip he should be able to find it in their archive. I'll suggest that he tries, but in the meantime I wouldn't mind seeing it again myself. rawprawn's link is tantalisingly close, but it seems that the iPlayer file has been removed or moved.

laurie53 19:44 12 Feb 09

Definitely been on one of the outake programmes recently (in the last twelve months), either Denis Norden or Ann Robinson. so it is still extant.

Pretty sure one of your contacts in the business will be able to trace it for you.

newman35 19:53 12 Feb 09

I'm pretty sure it was 'That's Life' that I saw it on, too.

sunnystaines 20:24 12 Feb 09

we all remember it too.

Giant68 20:39 12 Feb 09

Bob Wellings rings a bell as the interviewer.

Giant68

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac