I need help with a document delivery to Luxembourg

Forum Editor 18:56 09 Nov 10

I have to get a document from London to Luxembourg. It's an extremely important document, and I need it to go from me to the recipient within 24 hours.

Does anybody know a fast, reliable courier service? Cost isn't the deciding factor, but speed and reliability is. Normally I use one of the big couriers (DHL/FEDEX etc.) for document delivery, but this is a special case.

octal 19:17 09 Nov 10

What about sending someone from your organisation? It wouldn't be the first time I've had to do that myself when a company I worked for needed to get a contract bid in by a certain time.

octal 19:23 09 Nov 10

Just to add, Eurostar is a good option, London to Brussels, then intercity to Luxembourg.
click here

The could be back the same day.

Noldi 19:40 09 Nov 10

As sugested above send a person. we use this system all the time its one of the Jollys that we can get if not busy. I know Eurotunnel do a same day return ticket for about £20 so get it driven there, Luxembourg is about 3.5 hours out of Calais.

Im not sure if you require it delivered 24hrs from now or 24hrs after a certain event.

If you can wait till 28th ill drop it off on my way back to Switzerland.

Noldi

Forum Editor 20:49 09 Nov 10

Thank you for your kind offer, but I'm pleased to say I have resolved the problem. The document is going to Luxembourg on a motorbike. The document has to be in a Luxembourg office by 7:00pm tomorrow. The bike rider says that's no problem - he does the run regularly.

Sending someone from the office isn't an option - the bike is cheaper. I use Eurostar quite a lot, but I can't go myself on this occasion - too many other things to do.

lotvic 21:25 09 Nov 10

Aye, Forum to see to, foxes to chase, fungi to sort out, busy busy...

Forum Editor 22:32 09 Nov 10

That made me chuckle.

lotvic 22:37 09 Nov 10

:)

morddwyd 08:25 10 Nov 10

Good fast run down to Luxembourg on a crisp autumn day.

I wish!

Good job my wife's not reading this thread. I'd be getting my own meals for a few days!

Quickbeam 08:33 10 Nov 10

"Good fast run down to Luxembourg on a crisp autumn day."
Not on a motorbike it ain't!

interzone55 09:02 10 Nov 10

When I worked at a PC manufacturer we used to have to return refunded Windows COA stickers to Thompson Litho in Germany. Whilst the stickers were essentially worthless to anyone else as they'd been cancelled, a full A4 envelope would we worth around £100k to us, so just the insurance on a courier delivery was almost £1,000.

This meant that once a quarter a "lucky" member of staff got the job of flying out of Leeds Bradford airport by cattle class, dashing across Germany by bus then back again same day. I had to do it once and it wasn't something I would want to do again in a hurry...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos